C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sanderson vs. McJacks

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 05:59 PM
JDC031060
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sanderson vs. McJacks

Would anyone know which block hugger header is better? Better performance wise and coating wise. I am in the process of switching to Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminum heads and the tech's there say I should use 1 3/4 headers. I currently have 1 1/2 Sandersons. Since I have to upgrade the diameter which is better McJacks or Sanderson? I have a 1969 Corvette with a 350 4 speed.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Roughrider
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I can only tell you the experience I have with Sanderson ceramic coated block hugger headers as I've no experience with McJacks. Sanderson makes as good or better headers than any brand I've seen.

If McJacks' headers are better, then go with them. They must be a fantastic product.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:47 AM
JDC031060
Heel & Toe

Thanks for the input. The coated Sandersons I have developed rust spotting that is why I asked about McJacks. Maybe I got a bad coating. Has anybody in the forum used McJacks? If they dont offer the fit and performance of Sanderson then I will have to stick with them
Old 07-19-2008, 03:02 PM
mcjackscorvettes
Advanced

Originally Posted by JDC031060
Thanks for the input. The coated Sandersons I have developed rust spotting that is why I asked about McJacks. Maybe I got a bad coating. Has anybody in the forum used McJacks? If they dont offer the fit and performance of Sanderson then I will have to stick with them
I have McJack's custom Ramhorn headers on my Vette and they fit exactly as the stock manifolds did. There's lots of spark plug clearance and I can tell you that the ceramic coating has held up and as of right now they look as good as the day I put them in.

I highly recommend McJacks Headers

Get notified of new replies

To Sanderson vs. McJacks

Quick Reply: Sanderson vs. McJacks