C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How do I data log without having it increase idle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:45 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default How do I data log without having it increase idle?

I'm trying to data log so I can tune my idle and every time I plug in my cable it idles at 1000 RPMs. Target idle in the tune is 900 and I can't see what's happening at 900 when data logging. My cable has 4 different terminals on the USB plug and a little metal tab that connects 2 terminals at a time. How can I data log without having the idle increase? Thanks!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:23 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

The idle increases because the cable is putting the ECM into "10K mode". That means that the A&B pins of the ALDL connector are bridged with a 10,000 ohm resistor. Some cables have a switch so you can disconnect the 10K resistor. My Diacom cable does it through the Diacom software, but that's not normally the way it's done. Diacom uses a parallel port and has more control over what the cable is doing.

10K mode sets the idle speed to 1000 RPM, messes with the timing and a few other things. It's all spelled out in the shop manual.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:07 AM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Received 466 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
I'm trying to data log so I can tune my idle and every time I plug in my cable it idles at 1000 RPMs. Target idle in the tune is 900 and I can't see what's happening at 900 when data logging. My cable has 4 different terminals on the USB plug and a little metal tab that connects 2 terminals at a time. How can I data log without having the idle increase? Thanks!
Eliminate the 8 degree timing adder under constants that is added in when the car is put in ALDL mode (Scanning). Look at your tune and set that constant to 0 degrees.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:19 AM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bjankuski
Eliminate the 8 degree timing adder under constants that is added in when the car is put in ALDL mode (Scanning). Look at your tune and set that constant to 0 degrees.
I only see Scalars, Flags, and Tables. Don't see anything that says Constants.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:41 PM
bjankuski
Safety Car

I only see Scalars, Flags, and Tables. Don't see anything that says Constants.
Scalars = constants
Old 10-24-2014, 02:36 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

I'm having trouble finding it in there. I'm also using TunerPro RT. Do you know the exact name of the parameter? Maybe I can search for it using the search function in TunerPro.

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2014, 11:59 PM
bjankuski
Safety Car

I'm having trouble finding it in there. I'm also using TunerPro RT. Do you know the exact name of the parameter? Maybe I can search for it using the search function in TunerPro.

Thanks!
I use tunercat, I would have to see if tunerpro has this function as an option, it is called ALDL spark adder in Tunercat. If you do not have this option send me your bin and I can eliminate it and send it back to you.

Get notified of new replies

To How do I data log without having it increase idle?

Quick Reply: How do I data log without having it increase idle?