C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Compression Ratio Calculator

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 09:42 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Compression Ratio Calculator

I was reading a Lingenfelter book and it mentioned this outfit that does software for various platforms. The compression ration calculator is nice as you can play with different chamber sizes, piston detail, quench, deck height, gaskets, stroke and bore etc to give you the compression ratio your looking for. I give it a

Here's a link to thier software. All are free for demo mode(less features)
http://www.performancetrends.com/download.htm#crc
Old 12-29-2005, 11:07 AM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the full blown package along with some add on and the software is neat to play around with. You can pick different cam profiles, or interpolate between ranges and it will plot out all the HP and Torque curves you want.

Just like any other software package like this, you have to be VERY VERY accurate with your input data, and the output data will be "decent". I use the software moreso to just see trends or see "differences" in possible changes.

The real proof is in the pudding though.

For instance you can input a gear ratio for the on add on section of the software for drag racing. You can go rediculously high in the gear ration of 1st gear and the times will continue to get better. This in theory is probably correct, yet the software fails to take into consideration at some point you will not be able to achieve traction with a HUGE 1st gear trans setup.

Although on cold/rainy days when the wife and kids are away its fun to monkey with. I think to myself, what if I put on -11 heads, input the flow numbers on my setup and DAMN - 800hp Then you realize the expense of changing over and reality sets in.

Quick Reply: Compression Ratio Calculator