C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Dash Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:17 PM
BAD HABT
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Speakers?

Greetings Friends,

I have a 1985 Corvette. I have noticed there are replacement speaker grills available, but there are no speakers in the dash. Was this an available option at the time and could Bose speakers be added to the dash? Currently there are four Bose speakers and the system sounds wonderful. I am wondering why there are no speakers in the dash.

Lori
Old 03-11-2009, 11:25 PM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Those openings were for the stock AC Delco radio, which probably sucked more than the Bose.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:12 PM
carlos85vette
Intermediate

Default speakers

Originally Posted by BAD HABT
Greetings Friends,

I have a 1985 Corvette. I have noticed there are replacement speaker grills available, but there are no speakers in the dash. Was this an available option at the time and could Bose speakers be added to the dash? Currently there are four Bose speakers and the system sounds wonderful. I am wondering why there are no speakers in the dash.

Lori
It is possible to put speakers in the existing dash openings, I have an 85' been there done that. Converted from Bose system I took out the door speakers replaced the door panels with plain panels, took out the rear bose box and put in 6X9s, front dash will take a 4X6 speaker.Check into pioneer or some other brands call crutchfield or go on line I think they have an online lookup system with dropdown menu's. I also replaced the head unit with a Pioneer din and a half unit and it looks great!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:23 PM
carlos85vette
Intermediate

Default dash speakers

I got on there website and like I said they have a look-up system. have fun and look it up,

Get notified of new replies

To Dash Speakers?

Quick Reply: Dash Speakers?