C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Can't read or clear SIR codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:36 PM
jimmers
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Can't read or clear SIR codes

I can't read or clear my SIR codes. When I ground out terminal "K" nothing happens. The INFL REST light does not flash.

I replaced my faulty DERM this spring, and it solved my seat belt and INFL REST light problem. Last week the INFL REST light came back on. The airbag light is still off.

Any idea why I cant read the codes? I read the codes on the CCM and ECM just to test my jumper wire and they work fine.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 PM
jimmers
Safety Car

Anyone?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:32 AM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

I am more familiar with the 92-94 vintage. However what I would do is find a shop with a Tech 1 or 2 and see if they can establish communications with all of the modules. Maybe they can clear it and give your some additional information as to what direction to take next.

The only other simple alternative is to try to clear the all computers by removing the battery cable. Then try to clear your SIR again. Check all DERM connectors and pin connections. Excise caution when in that area, use the FSM or at least disconnect the battery for 10 minutes before starting DERM work.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:48 PM
jimmers
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pcolt94
I am more familiar with the 92-94 vintage. However what I would do is find a shop with a Tech 1 or 2 and see if they can establish communications with all of the modules. Maybe they can clear it and give your some additional information as to what direction to take next.

The only other simple alternative is to try to clear the all computers by removing the battery cable. Then try to clear your SIR again. Check all DERM connectors and pin connections. Excise caution when in that area, use the FSM or at least disconnect the battery for 10 minutes before starting DERM work.
All other modules I can check myself, just not the DERM. I unplugged the battery, checked all DERM connections and plugged the battery back in. The light came on minutes later. I'm assuming the "new" DERM is bad.

Get notified of new replies

To Can't read or clear SIR codes

Quick Reply: Can't read or clear SIR codes