C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need the pros here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:04 PM
smooth1990
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cudamax
Weren't the coil parks much better with their full output
They worked good- I didnt really have alot of spark issues until the ltcc box failed itself. then it was a pain to track down the problem. I had to test each coil, the opti, the wiring, and finally the box .
Old 09-15-2014, 11:22 PM
cudamax
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your the Craftsmen It would be a bitch. Why didn't you like the crank trigger coil pack set up??? That should be the ticket and you get rid of the Stupid cap that gm should be knee-capped for
Old 09-15-2014, 11:29 PM
smooth1990
Drifting

Originally Posted by cudamax
Your the Craftsmen It would be a bitch. Why didn't you like the crank trigger coil pack set up??? That should be the ticket and you get rid of the Stupid cap that gm should be knee-capped for
Some guys do the 24x efi connection setup on their c4s but Im not going to get that far into it. This car is about finished. I think the opti and MSD will work fine when its all ironed out. After it is complete I will move on to procharging my 434 CI z06.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:42 PM
cudamax
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kool Real Kool. Let all of us know how it turns out. I'd like to know if it pulls 6000 grand without the MSD Nicely
Old 09-16-2014, 05:12 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

This may be way off, but if you are running a meth injection system, is it possible when under boost, you are pushing meth-water into the opti through the vent line?
Old 09-16-2014, 09:07 AM
rklessdriver
Safety Car

Received 399 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 ragtop
This may be way off, but if you are running a meth injection system, is it possible when under boost, you are pushing meth-water into the opti through the vent line?
This is a good thought - AND on another note...

Normally one of the vent lines (blue filter) for the Opti goes to the intake manifold which on a N/A engine is a vacuum source.....

The other line (white filter) goes to the intake tube between the TB and Air Filter..... Also a vacuum sounce when the throttle blades are open.

If you kept that routing on a S/C engine they both become positive pressure anytime your in boost and that will accelerate the ozone content in the cap since your effectively putting however much boost (and possibally meth) directly into the optispark.

I would remove the line (blue filter) from the intake manifold and vent it to atmosphere. Make sure the other (white filter) vent line is in-front of the blower intake.. or between the blower and the air filter... NOT between the blower and the TB.
Will
Old 09-16-2014, 08:25 PM
smooth1990
Drifting

Originally Posted by 93 ragtop
If its hooked up like msd says-yes...

Originally Posted by rklessdriver
This is a good thought - AND on another note...

Normally one of the vent lines (blue filter) for the Opti goes to the intake manifold which on a N/A engine is a vacuum source.....

The other line (white filter) goes to the intake tube between the TB and Air Filter..... Also a vacuum sounce when the throttle blades are open.

If you kept that routing on a S/C engine they both become positive pressure anytime your in boost and that will accelerate the ozone content in the cap since your effectively putting however much boost (and possibally meth) directly into the optispark.

I would remove the line (blue filter) from the intake manifold and vent it to atmosphere. Make sure the other (white filter) vent line is in-front of the blower intake.. or between the blower and the air filter... NOT between the blower and the TB.
Will

I have my msd vacume set up almost just like that. I have the Bottom vacume line that normally goes to the intake run to the tip of my K&n filter in the nose of the car. I have the top line filtered and vented to atmosphere...]

On a good note guys- I got the car back together today and I took it out for a 2 hour ride! It ran perfect the whole time. Zero issues and she runs smother and pulls harder than ever...Im pretty estatic about that.

Its hard to believe that the corrosion in the opti could cause a misfire only after a extended period of driving time when the car is at temp.. But all I did was clean it up and put it back on the car. It seems to have taken car of everything. Thanks god!

Last edited by smooth1990; 09-16-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:04 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by smooth1990
If its hooked up like msd says-yes...

:

Could you put a one way checkvalve in the vacuum side, and then vent the other side to atmosphere? FWIW I did something similar on mine. I have a 93 and converted to the 95 style opti. Instead of tapping into the fresh air side of the air cleaner, I used a clear fuel filter on the line. Kinda hokie, but it was supposed to be temporary, and you know how that goes.
But one thing I do know for sure, meth will cause corrosion.

Quick Reply: Need the pros here!