C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Starting issues when hot

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 09:05 AM
yellowvette1992
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Starting issues when hot

92 6 spd w/100k. Had fuel pump replaced and was told by mechanic that I need a new ccm because my asr service light, security light and sys light all come on after a few minutes of running. Now another problem. Drove car to work went out after work and it would not start, Car was sitting in 95 degree sun all day. Friend stopped by who has c6 and used to have c4. We talked, he opened hood took out the PCM put it in the refrigerator for about 5 min. put it back in car and bingo it started first time. He said these units are prone to high failure rate when hot. What is the best avenue for me to take to remedy this situation and who is a good vendor to deal with, I really do not want to go to a dealer. Thank you in advance. SANE THE WAVE
Old 07-04-2015, 03:35 PM
yellowvette1992
Racer

Checking the internet does any one here on the forum have experience with SIA electronics or can anyone recommend some other vendor to rebuild my PCM. Looks like this is what I need to do to be able to get the car to start consistently. Any advise and help greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:44 PM
knikula
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowvette1992
Checking the internet does any one here on the forum have experience with SIA electronics or can anyone recommend some other vendor to rebuild my PCM. Looks like this is what I need to do to be able to get the car to start consistently. Any advise and help greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Do you happen to know what a "Rebuilt" PCM consists of? On my son's '92 Eclipse, the electrolytic capacitors reached their design life, and fail, with a visible "bulge". Replacing the capacitors fixes the problem.

Which would be super cheap, if that was the problem. Sometimes the PCM manufacturer pours that nasty silicone over the board, which makes repairing them less fun.

However, I've never seen a corvette PCM up close enough to know...
just a thought.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:57 AM
yellowvette1992
Racer

I don't know I have not opened up the PCM to look inside. I am not sure what they do when they repair them. May have to open up the PCM and take a look. Thanks
Old 07-08-2015, 08:49 AM
yellowvette1992
Racer

Any one have any experience with SIA electronics or any other recommendation for a PCM rebuild. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Starting issues when hot

Quick Reply: Starting issues when hot