C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

# 19 fuse keep poping

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 AM
pat-b
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default # 19 fuse keep poping

my under hood # 19 keeps poping as soon as the ignition is turned on. ive unpluged the reverse lockout as well as the skip shift and it continues to pop that fuse. with limited acess to wiring diagrams my trouble shooting is slow moving.. any ideas?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:25 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 77 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by pat-b
my under hood # 19 keeps poping as soon as the ignition is turned on. ive unpluged the reverse lockout as well as the skip shift and it continues to pop that fuse. with limited acess to wiring diagrams my trouble shooting is slow moving.. any ideas?
This should help you isolate the problem.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:11 PM
justanotherdoe
Racer

Check for shorts in the wiring harness under the fuel rail covers. There is a tab on the drivers side at the rear of the engine where the wire bundle rests against and can wear through the insulation. I had another short to the rail itself on the passenger side. I found the solution in some other posts that included photos while troubleshooting a fuse 19 problem. After fixing two shorts I found, fuse 19 stopped blowing.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:06 AM
pat-b
Racer

I searched but can't find thoes posts on it. I only had a min to look at the car and didn't see any glaring issues but I will look this weekend closer
Old 02-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

The only places that Ive seen that develop wiring compromises under the hood of a C5 are at the back of the engine where the engine wiring harness bends around the back of the manifold:

That black metal bracket will eat thru the harness if it touches the harness.

The other place Ive seen damage is, the fuel line on later C5s has a stainless steel safety clip that fits over the connection that connects the fuel line to the engine. That safety clip has very sharp parts and can eat into a miss-routed wiring harness on the drivers side of the intake manifold.

BC
Old 09-03-2014, 11:18 PM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you ever find out your problem?

Get notified of new replies

To # 19 fuse keep poping

Quick Reply: # 19 fuse keep poping