C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security Issue????

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Nova2z06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Security Issue????

Hey folks, had my 2002 Z06 out yesterday for it's first drive. New battery and fully charged. Washed, polished and cleaned the car today. Left the key in the ignition and locked the car while cleaning the doors...shut the doors and ended up getting the other key to get in. So...now car is all clean but when I tried to start the car to go for a drive. DEAD!! Can't read codes, I have nothing but a very dim looking security flashing. The key fob will not lock or unlock the car. Everything is now dead. Took off the neg terminal of battery, waited half hour, nothing. Tried locking the car and unlocking the car with the key. Car was fine up until I left the keys in it. As I said, I can't even pull the codes. Can't use the fob, can't unlock the trunk, not even an interior light. Any ideas?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Arnie Chamberlain
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like your battery is dead or has a shorted cell. Have you measured voltage across the battery now that the car is dead?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Nova2z06
Intermediate

Ya, the security light on the dash is flashing very weakly. If it is the battery it is definitely a dud. Not a thing will run. I was just out again to see if I could figure something out. Not even brake lights or interior lights. I had the doors open for awhile but the battery was fully charged. My test equipment isn't at home. I will either go out and try and jump it tonight or get my test equipment home. Thanks for the post. I will post the eventual solution. I really hope it is the battery. Thanks again.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

MAKE SURE that the battery terminal bolts are properly torqued to 11 ft/lbs and making proper contact with the battery.

Bill
Old 04-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Nova2z06
Intermediate

Default Security Issue

Thanks guys, I went out last night, jumped the battery and away it went. Let it run for a bit and had 12 volts last night. This morning nothing. Took the battery out, replaced it and all seems to be fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Security Issue????

Quick Reply: Security Issue????