C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check valve broken, code thrown, related?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 05:53 PM
BigGoals
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Check valve broken, code thrown, related?

My car wasn't starting on the first try so I hooked up a fuel gauge and found out that it was not holding fuel pressure after the car was turned off. Which made it seem like the check valve is bad, I have not replaced it. Now it is throwing code P0171 H - Fuel trim system lean bank 1, are the two related? Is it okay to drive it as is?
Old 10-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by BigGoals
My car wasn't starting on the first try so I hooked up a fuel gauge and found out that it was not holding fuel pressure after the car was turned off. Which made it seem like the check valve is bad, I have not replaced it. Now it is throwing code P0171 H - Fuel trim system lean bank 1, are the two related? Is it okay to drive it as is?
I doubt it. Especially if the engine is cold. The O2 sensor data isnt looked at during open loop. When you are crusing, and that data is looked at, there should be ample Fuel Pressure. Have you checked fuel pressure under load?

Bill
Old 10-25-2014, 09:34 PM
martysauto
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

P0171 is probably a vacuum or air leak. Check the pcv system and MAF connections. I had to replace the check valve in my 2000, it's tricky. Be careful not to kink the plastic lines!

Get notified of new replies

To Check valve broken, code thrown, related?

Quick Reply: Check valve broken, code thrown, related?