C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Street header HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Chichi1986
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG Street header HELP!!!

So i installed the LG street headers. Ill ask my question as simply as i can and please i need some advise. So the car comes stock with 4 O2 sensors. I removed all four and placed them to the side. The LG kit comes with O2 sensor extensions. The O2 extensions that are provided are for the rear O2 sensors which have to longer cable. When i installed the sensors back on the car I only installed the rear ones that had the longer wires. I did not install the front O2 sensors because they do not reach the connectors. Also did you guys install those longer sensors to the front location of the header. I tried writing this as dummy proof as i could. Look at pictures if you don't know what im trying to say. Thanks. Oh and im asking these things because my car sounds like it has a nice cam in it and i only have a factory cam. I also have two codes reading no O2 sensor located for the front sensors.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:18 PM
dan1546
Racer

Originally Posted by Chichi1986
So i installed the LG street headers. Ill ask my question as simply as i can and please i need some advise. So the car comes stock with 4 O2 sensors. I removed all four and placed them to the side. The LG kit comes with O2 sensor extensions. The O2 extensions that are provided are for the rear O2 sensors which have to longer cable. When i installed the sensors back on the car I only installed the rear ones that had the longer wires. I did not install the front O2 sensors because they do not reach the connectors. Also did you guys install those longer sensors to the front location of the header. I tried writing this as dummy proof as i could. Look at pictures if you don't know what im trying to say. Thanks. Oh and im asking these things because my car sounds like it has a nice cam in it and i only have a factory cam. I also have two codes reading no O2 sensor located for the front sensors.
yes you can run the rears in the front with the proper adapters. dont know why they would have extensions for rear sensors...they should be for the fronts sensors. you need front o2 sensors or the car will not run properly. you can do away with rears as their only function is to check the efficiency of the cats.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:38 PM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Most use the rear O2 sensors in the front position with the LG headers. The original front O2 sensors are not used. The extensions are likely adapters since the front plug is different than the rear plug. So the rear O2 sensor uses an adapter and that plugs into the front connection. Make sure you don't cross the wires, i.e., the driver's O2 plugs in on the driver's side and the passenger side O2 plugs in to the passenger side. Easy to get wrong with ultra long wires. Also, make sure you protect them from the heat as many have melted the wires on first start and then wondered why the car runs bad.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:34 PM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

That's why I went with Kooks, no need for extenders.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:47 AM
2003RedVette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chichi1986
You need a tune now. That will wake it up!
Old 12-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Chichi1986
Instructor

So i just used the rear longer wires in the front position. A shop told me i needed all four to be insalled but i told the man there was no way in hell the wires reached the conectors. Car runs fine now but the stock c clamps from the lg headers suck. Im having major leak issues with them and i have the clamps on super freaking tight too. Also the passanger side of the exhaust is hitting the frame. This is becoming a pain in the A. Im taking it to a muffler shop nearby to have them just weld the damn thing in place and just leave two c clpams for the first section so i can remove the ehaders in the future if i need to.

Get notified of new replies

To LG Street header HELP!!!

Quick Reply: LG Street header HELP!!!