C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No dash lights or parking lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Ray 2000 C5 FRC
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No dash lights or parking lights

Drove my 2000 C5 early this morning and had no dash lights, and no parking lights. Headlights and turn signal worked just fine. Also, radio station display (but not the control buttons) and DIC worked as usual. Read a bunch of threads related to this issue and for my car the Steering column multi-funtional signal switch was at fault. I took it apart the multi-functional signal switch (GM Part number 26075870) and located the contacts that power the lights. The contacts were somewhat pitted. A light cleaning of these contacts and reassembly fixed the problem but just so I don't more future gremlin's I place an order wit GM Parts $229.99.
Just wanted to share this finding in case others C5's begin having similar issues.
Ray
Old 03-11-2015, 10:57 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

That is a great title for the issue and may help others in the future. I hate bad titles like "Help" with no info which means no one can search and find a potential solution for a problem that may actually be the same.

Good job, Mr. Sam

Is that you racing?
Old 03-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

My first guess would be that the MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH on the column is bad. I will have to look in the repair manual to see what fuse controls that function/s

Bill
Old 03-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Ray 2000 C5 FRC
Instructor

Originally Posted by dadaroo
That is a great title for the issue and may help others in the future. I hate bad titles like "Help" with no info which means no one can search and find a potential solution for a problem that may actually be the same.

Good job, Mr. Sam

Is that you racing?
yes, it was at Heartland Park in Topeka, Kansas.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:23 AM
crouse229
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your post Ray, I too appreciate the title for easy searching. This exact issue just happened to me last night. Everything on the dash works, then you flip on the headlights and everything goes dark, but the dash computer still notifies you of tire pressure issues, low fuel, etc. so it's clearly working. Turn off the headlights, the dials all light up, the odometer display comes back, and the radio display lights back up.

I'm a novice when it comes to electrical issues. Do you have a fairly comprehensive procedure for how you fixed the issue? It sounds like is was fairly easy to fix, but any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan
Old 04-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Ray 2000 C5 FRC
Instructor

Originally Posted by crouse229
Thanks for your post Ray, I too appreciate the title for easy searching. This exact issue just happened to me last night. Everything on the dash works, then you flip on the headlights and everything goes dark, but the dash computer still notifies you of tire pressure issues, low fuel, etc. so it's clearly working. Turn off the headlights, the dials all light up, the odometer display comes back, and the radio display lights back up.

I'm a novice when it comes to electrical issues. Do you have a fairly comprehensive procedure for how you fixed the issue? It sounds like is was fairly easy to fix, but any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-a-how-to.html
Old 04-17-2015, 12:00 PM
crouse229
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray 2000 C5 FRC
Awesome link, thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To No dash lights or parking lights

Quick Reply: No dash lights or parking lights