C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on my 2000

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 09:58 AM
sbpogge
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on my 2000

I bought my 00 last year only 15,000 miles on her my dash lights were working just stopped. so when you turn head lights on no dash lights but when you use twilight they all work great and they work when you turn key off any ideas.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:49 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Is it just the IPC lights that illuminate the gauges? Be specific as you can.

I had a similar issue (just the IPC lights) when I bought my car and I did diagnostics to determine that my issue was the MF switch but it may not be yours.

Is that an early Sunoco pump? I have 2 Sunoco 260 blend pumps and a lot of other Sunoco related and large lighted sign that I would like to use to create an island like that.

Mr. Sam
Old 07-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Toolmandbq
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the exact same problem with my 2000 when I picked it up. After doing some searching and reading on this site, I came to the conclusion that it was the switch, seems to be a common problem on GM cars of the time. There is a thread here on how to fix the switch or a new one is $133 on Amazon. I did the fix first thinking if it does not work I have to get a new one anyway. Well that was 7 years ago and the switch is still working fine. Seem there is a little copper piece in the switch that just needs to be bent up a little. it took me 45 minutes to get the switch out and about 15 minutes to do the fix in the switch.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:24 PM
sbpogge
Racer

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Is it just the IPC lights that illuminate the gauges? Be specific as you can.

I had a similar issue (just the IPC lights) when I bought my car and I did diagnostics to determine that my issue was the MF switch but it may not be yours.

Is that an early Sunoco pump? I have 2 Sunoco 260 blend pumps and a lot of other Sunoco related and large lighted sign that I would like to use to create an island like that.

Mr. Sam
I have about thirty pumps I redo them and sell them have a lot of old coke machines gas pumps ect
Old 07-25-2015, 03:25 PM
sbpogge
Racer

[QUOTE=Toolmandbq;1590127703]I had the exact same problem with my 2000 when I picked it up. After doing some searching and reading on this site, I came to the conclusion that it was the switch, seems to be a common problem on GM cars of the time. There is a thread here on how to fix the switch or a new one is $133 on Amazon. I did the fix first thinking if it does not work I have to get a new one anyway. Well that was 7 years ago and the switch is still working fine. Seem there is a little copper piece in the switch that just needs to be bent up a little. it took me 45 minutes to get the switch out and about 15 minutes to do the fix in the switch. I will try that need any special tools
Old 07-26-2015, 08:57 AM
Toolmandbq
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will try that need any special tools

Here is a link that will help.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-a-how-to.html
Old 07-26-2015, 09:47 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by sbpogge
I have about thirty pumps I redo them and sell them have a lot of old coke machines gas pumps ect
I have a friend in South Carolina near me who has redone a lot of gas pumps and other stuff. Have U run across him by chance his name is Mike Smith. He has cancer pretty bad and has been fighting it for about 5 yrs. I think he sold a lot of his stuff within the last yr. Good luck with your problem
Old 07-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

On the left side of the dash is a BUTTON. If you press it, it will POP OUT. If you TURN it, it adjusts the dash light brightness. If you turn it ALL the way CCW, it will turn the lights on ALL THE TIME and kill the battery. Turn it all te way CW and it turns off the lights.

See if that **** is turned OFF. Adjust it.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 07-26-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help on my 2000

Quick Reply: Need help on my 2000