C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0102 code

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 10:32 PM
robert1989
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default p0102 code

I just replaced the PCM because my old one turned to a mound of corrosion. Before I replaced the pcm I was getting this code and was pretty certain that it was the maf so I replaced it. I am still getting the code.

With a scan tool under live data the number is around 7.85 at idle and when I rev it the number jumps to the 20-35 range . Before this wasn't happening with the old pcm.

I am also experiencing a random miss fire I think. I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. The rpms just seem to drop at any speed. The car did sit for 2 months with a 1/8 of a tank of gas in it. So i added 10 gallons and put in gas treatment. This could also be caused by a maf not sure.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:54 PM
feeder82
Melting Slicks

Received 982 Likes on 625 Posts

Heres a link for trouble shooting the maf http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic10082.php
Old 10-05-2015, 07:56 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

I just got this code on my GM powered motorhome. My issue (known design problem) is that water gets into the air filter housing and wets the filter and the MAF. The MAF then will throw the P0102 code.

What type of filter and intake are you running and is your filter clean? Are you running a K&N filter or other type of oiled filter? I would go simple first and looking for the issue.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:13 PM
robert1989
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I threw the old MAF sensor in and it works fine.

If you guys are wondering if that mesh screen makes a different it does. The live data was putting out a 7-8 at idle with the old sensor that has no mesh in it, it puts out a 10 or above. I guess that is the measure of airflow through the sensor.

Also the replacement one was under warranty so I sent it back and they are sending me a brand new one. It is a Walker brand.

I have the ram air intake (vararam)
Old 12-21-2015, 10:36 AM
BmoreRnsDeep
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

I know this is old but what exactly does low circuit mean? I just purchased the ls3 blade style intake and had to change the tables for the MAF and now I am getting this P0102 low circuit code. I am wondering if it has to do with the adapter not fitting perfectly.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:41 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by BmoreRnsDeep
I know this is old but what exactly does low circuit mean? I just purchased the ls3 blade style intake and had to change the tables for the MAF and now I am getting this P0102 low circuit code. I am wondering if it has to do with the adapter not fitting perfectly.
I can provide the diagnostics on this but you didn't tell us what year you have. I never assume all years are the same unless I know it to be true.

Mr. Sam

Get notified of new replies

To p0102 code

Quick Reply: p0102 code