C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 09:45 PM
Blac Avy
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Ordering Headers

Hey guys, I have made my mind up on which headers I'm purchasing for my 98 C5. (ARH) is my choice, my question is: When checking out on the website of choice, I'm presented with (options). 1) Tunnel Plate. 2) Air Tubes. Etc. To those of you with purchasing and installing headers, what exactly do I need to order at check out besides headers, I'm given a long list of items when finally placing my order.

Thank you!
Old 03-27-2017, 01:55 PM
skip1980
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Blac Avy
Hey guys, I have made my mind up on which headers I'm purchasing for my 98 C5. (ARH) is my choice, my question is: When checking out on the website of choice, I'm presented with (options). 1) Tunnel Plate. 2) Air Tubes. Etc. To those of you with purchasing and installing headers, what exactly do I need to order at check out besides headers, I'm given a long list of items when finally placing my order.

Thank you!
I just got done installing my ARH headers on my 97. The only options was 1 3/4 or 1 7/8. I believe all ARH will come with AIR pipe hookups unless you tell them to leave then off. They are built to order. Tunnel plate has nothing to do with headers. But if you plan on installing one do it before you put the headers on.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

If you are not going to remove your A.I.R. System,, you have to get the air tubes.

If you don't install the A.I.R. Check valves on to the air tubes, you will throw DTCs and never be able to pass emissions.

IF,, you plan to DELETE the A.I.R. system when you get your PCM tuned,, order the heads WITHOUT air tubes. The A.I.R. system can easily be tuned out when the tuner tunes your PCM.

If you don't you will have to use block off plates if you ever decide to get rid of the AIR System.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:55 PM
Blac Avy
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Skip1980 and Bill for your response and help. I got a better understanding now!

Get notified of new replies

To Ordering Headers

Quick Reply: Ordering Headers