Sponsored by:

[Z06] Help!..notchy shifter causing problems on track

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 01:44 PM
jranaudo
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Help!..notchy shifter causing problems on track

My 2004 Z06 shifter is notchy as hell. When I am on the track I keep having trouble putting it into third and go into fifth sometimes. I have no confidence in this shifter what so ever and it leads to issues on the track.

As you know tracking the car is your brain doing many things at once and if I miss my shift point it throws off my whole handling of a turn.

I bought it used and it has this shifter in it. RSD Snapshifter short throw. Now I think this could be resolved a bit with the anti-venom mod or something I have seen on these forums before.

So any suggestions? I gotta get this thing to where I am much more easily able to shift into gears.

THANKS!!
Old 09-08-2014, 01:49 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Definitely try adding the washers to the detent area in the transmission. But, I also suggest you try and center/realign the SnapShifter. It may be "off center" as it is possible to install it too much to the left, right, forward, or aft.

Proper realignment will require you to remove center console, however, if you are cautious and capable of removing your shift **** and boot without tearing it up, you may be able to re-adjust accordingly. If not, removing the center console is not a difficult task. Take your time, and it can all be removed, realigned and reinstalled within an hour.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

When i first got my car it had a HURST shifter in it and IMO it was too notchy.
After 1 washer with the anti venom mod it helped a little but when i went back and added the 2nd washer it just became so sloppy. I ended up selling it and went with an MGW.

Definitely try the anti venom mod first and see how it works out for you.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:33 AM
jranaudo
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the replies. Had no idea it could be misaligned. Will do the detent washers as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Help!..notchy shifter causing problems on track

Quick Reply: [Z06] Help!..notchy shifter causing problems on track