C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo inTune personal experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Jeff Termuhlen
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
send you what?
can you send a custom tune for my C-6 LS2 corvette
Old 11-08-2012, 10:11 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Termuhlen
can you send a custom tune for my C-6 LS2 corvette
sure man... sent you a PM with info...

thanks!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 11-12-2012, 01:22 PM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default shift settings?

So after finally getting my intune to load, when adjusting the shift tune if I do 5% on ALL the shift settings, will there be a noticable difference?
Old 11-12-2012, 01:29 PM
jpick
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a chance to run mine at a local track this Saturday. Everything stock except my InTune, with "canned" 93 octane tune, and hard shift tune, not adjusted by me at all, and here was the outcome. Wish I had an untuned slip to compare with, but I do not.

http://s843.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s843.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=1
Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM
LSx V
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by jpick
I got a chance to run mine at a local track this Saturday. Everything stock except my InTune, with "canned" 93 octane tune, and hard shift tune, not adjusted by me at all, and here was the outcome. Wish I had an untuned slip to compare with, but I do not.

http://s843.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s843.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=1

I'm at work do you mind posting the times?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM
jpick
Instructor

Originally Posted by LSx V
I'm at work do you mind posting the times?
My first run was 8.490 at 88.06 mph with .814 reaction time, 2.041 60 ft.

Second run was 8.507 at 88.04 mph with .342 reaction time, 2.095 60 ft.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts

Not too shabby, the MPH is strong.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:41 PM
3pitbulls
Advanced

hello guys i have a question,i just recently adquired a used z06 2007 model,very low miles,stock no mods,and i am looking to buy a intune any recommendations as to which would work best would be trully appreciated,,,like i said its stock and i do have 91 octane in my small town....thanks again and looking forward to hear from some of you guys that have had any experiences with the diablo intune...thanks...
Old 11-14-2012, 01:09 AM
jpick
Instructor

Originally Posted by 3pitbulls
hello guys i have a question,i just recently adquired a used z06 2007 model,very low miles,stock no mods,and i am looking to buy a intune any recommendations as to which would work best would be trully appreciated,,,like i said its stock and i do have 91 octane in my small town....thanks again and looking forward to hear from some of you guys that have had any experiences with the diablo intune...thanks...
http://marylandspeed.com/diablosport...00-p-3652.html

Call first and ask them for a forum member coupon code, it will save you $70.00
Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 AM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Good question

Originally Posted by harts1spitfire
Does anyone know what the trade off is when these 'tunes' are applied? GM had these settings for a specific reason, so what are the affects by making the changes that are in octane 91 and octane 93?

Good question. I suspect these are 'average' tunes which lean out (?) the A/F to 11.1 (?). I think that is what my bikes A/F target as 'about' - same for the Vette?

Also, humidity, altitude, and air temp can make noticeable differences on a 'tune'. I used 4 different dyno tunes maps on my turbo 14, one for each 'season'. Overall worked pretty well.

So I wonder what conditions these 'base' maps are formed upon? (ending in a preposition).

and is there any 'real-time' product that can adjust/map?

Jeff

Last edited by J Christensen; 11-19-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
94boosted
Racer

I currently have a Trifecta Dealer Kit (from my previous car) but I'm thinking of selling it and picking up a Diablosport InTune tuner because there is more support for Corvette guys and also because of the real time logging/viewing abilities of the InTune unit. I had a few questions though:

The preloaded "canned" tunes that come with the tuner are they strictly for stock cars? Are there any canned tunes available for cars with specific mods? I.e. a Vararam Intake & TB Spacer? And then later if I added a set of headers are there other canned tunes available? Or do I have to get custom tuned for each & every mod? Where can the different canned tunes be down loaded from?

If I "flashed" back to stock (or just removed the InTune tuner) for dealership visits is there any way they can tell the PCM has ever been tuned/flashed?

Regarding the datalogging capabilities of the InTune tuner, can it datalog in real time with a display i.e. gauges such as Fuel Trims or Knock? After datalogging can the logs be uploaded to a PC for viewing?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 94boosted
I currently have a Trifecta Dealer Kit (from my previous car) but I'm thinking of selling it and picking up a Diablosport InTune tuner because there is more support for Corvette guys and also because of the real time logging/viewing abilities of the InTune unit. I had a few questions though:

The preloaded "canned" tunes that come with the tuner are they strictly for stock cars? Are there any canned tunes available for cars with specific mods? I.e. a Vararam Intake & TB Spacer? And then later if I added a set of headers are there other canned tunes available? Or do I have to get custom tuned for each & every mod? Where can the different canned tunes be down loaded from?

If I "flashed" back to stock (or just removed the InTune tuner) for dealership visits is there any way they can tell the PCM has ever been tuned/flashed?

Regarding the datalogging capabilities of the InTune tuner, can it datalog in real time with a display i.e. gauges such as Fuel Trims or Knock? After datalogging can the logs be uploaded to a PC for viewing?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
The preloaded tunes are designed around a stock/mildly modified vehicle.
Further mods like headers should look towards a custom tune from one of the several CMR tuners around here.

The intune or Trinity leave no trace behind that can be seen by the dealership.

Yes, you can datalog in real time, although the inTune display is not something to be watching while you drive, trinity might be a better idea for you if you want to monitor gauges while driving.
Either tool can be live streamed to a PC on our Free dataviewer software and logs can be recorded on either tool and played back later on Dataviewer.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM
94boosted
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
The preloaded tunes are designed around a stock/mildly modified vehicle.
Further mods like headers should look towards a custom tune from one of the several CMR tuners around here.

The intune or Trinity leave no trace behind that can be seen by the dealership.

Yes, you can datalog in real time, although the inTune display is not something to be watching while you drive, trinity might be a better idea for you if you want to monitor gauges while driving.
Either tool can be live streamed to a PC on our Free dataviewer software and logs can be recorded on either tool and played back later on Dataviewer.

Thanks
Thanks Mike.

Where are all of the downloadable tunes available for download from?

Can the tuner have more than one tune stored in it's memory, say a 91 octane and a 93 octane tune that could then be switched, say for track days?

If one were to go with the custom tune route from a CMR tuner can logs be sent to the CMR tuner for viewing and further tweaking of the tunes?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Thanks Mike.

Where are all of the downloadable tunes available for download from?

Can the tuner have more than one tune stored in it's memory, say a 91 octane and a 93 octane tune that could then be switched, say for track days?

If one were to go with the custom tune route from a CMR tuner can logs be sent to the CMR tuner for viewing and further tweaking of the tunes?
there are no download tunes...you'd pay a CMR tuner for extra tunes, email them a copy of your current files, they edit them, and send them back, or do it all in person on a dyno.

The tunes are loaded to the tuner, inTune can hold lots of tunes.

The tool is preloaded with 91 and 93 octane tunes out of the box.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 01:53 PM
94boosted
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
there are no download tunes...you'd pay a CMR tuner for extra tunes, email them a copy of your current files, they edit them, and send them back, or do it all in person on a dyno.

The tunes are loaded to the tuner, inTune can hold lots of tunes.

The tool is preloaded with 91 and 93 octane tunes out of the box.

Thanks
One tuner is good for all the supported cars though right? It's not like you need to order a different tuner for a different car. i.e. if I buy a tuner it would come preloaded with the tunes for my corvette as well as say a mustang?
Old 02-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

One tuner is good for all the supported cars though right? It's not like you need to order a different tuner for a different car. i.e. if I buy a tuner it would come preloaded with the tunes for my corvette as well as say a mustang?
yup, its all in there...
Old 03-11-2013, 09:38 PM
TKrug007
Advanced

How hard is it to hook one of these into the car? What is the interface?

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo inTune personal experience

Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

it just plugs into the obd port under your dash...
Old 03-12-2013, 08:09 AM
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
it just plugs into the obd port under your dash...
takes only a few seconds
Old 03-12-2013, 07:02 PM
TKrug007
Advanced

Thanks. So in a nutshell the harder part will the wife's inquiry about why more money was spent on the car...

Now I just need to decide if I prefer the Diablo to a vendor tune. I'm only doing street driving so I think the Diable fits my desires while allowing me to tinker on my own once I'm comfortable.

Quick Reply: Diablo inTune personal experience