C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo inTune personal experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM
buzzkill_75
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GARYFINN
Will a Manual Corvette benefit from the Intune ?? and how will it benefit ??
I'm with Gary. Read through this and everyone is an automatic. I would like to know benefits for the m6 group
Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts

Improved throttle response, disabled CAGS, and increased power and torque throughout the RPM range would be the immediate benefits for a manual car
Old 04-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 737 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Improved throttle response, disabled CAGS, and increased power and torque throughout the RPM range would be the immediate benefits for a manual car
Exactly what I felt on my 08, Z51, NPP, manual coupe. The canned tunes also increase the fan duty cycle % to come on sooner for improve cooling in stop and go traffic. The ECM will start to pull timing at around 213*F. The D.S. tunes will help keep the engine coolant temps below that threshold, whereas the oem tune was pushing 220*F +.
I also had Diablew Custom Tune by Lew which added more throttle response and power, especially in 3rd gear! Through data logging, a custom tune really tailors an engines needs for maximum power. My only engine mod is a Halltech MF 103 air intake.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 04-03-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-05-2013, 10:30 AM
mastergunner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to verify once I load a tune my warranty is done, correct? My understanding is that the GM PCMs have counters (personal experience on a Camaro) and once the dealer sees all of those tunes being put in your powertrain warranty is null and void.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:08 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,143 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by mastergunner
Just to verify once I load a tune my warranty is done, correct? My understanding is that the GM PCMs have counters (personal experience on a Camaro) and once the dealer sees all of those tunes being put in your powertrain warranty is null and void.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by mastergunner
absolutely not. If you had an issue with a Camaro, you used the wrong tuning device

Our tools leave no trace behind that a dealer could use to say you tuned the car (not that tuning a PCM should ever be grounds for a warranty issue).

Thanks
Old 04-06-2013, 10:09 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that

So do you guarantee the Dealer can't see the Tune ???
Old 04-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Best guarantee I can offer is the 1000s upon 1000s of predator/intune/trinity tuned GM customers we have all over the world, and the complete lack of anyone reporting issues with their dealership
Old 04-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Lancedc
Advanced

I used a hand held tuner on my mustang and restored it to stock before taking it in for warranty service and nothing was ever said, so I assume there was nothing to see!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Kuhnrod
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of great info here. Thanks all for taking the time to share. Two quick questions:

1) Is there a computer based option that would be user-friendly in lieu of the handheld tuner option? (I'd like to record my track runs and log wheel speed / rpms / A/F / etc from burnout through traps. I would also like to be able to 'tweak' settings for humidity / temperature / etc.)

2) I would assume an in-person visit to a reputable qualified shop for a vehicle specific tune would be better than tuning from afar via sharing of computer files. Am I correct here? Is the inconvenience and cost trade-off worth it? (assumption being the in person approach is both more expensive and less convenient, as well as not convenient to adjust day to day thereafter.)
Old 04-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Ozzy12
Racer

Originally Posted by 1BADLS3
So, that's a "no guarantee" then?

Dealers cannot see it, but GM can request a "snapshot" of the E38 ECM and they can see the Calibration ID's for the previous 10 tunes that were loaded and if they do not have GM Cal IDs, then they know it was tuned.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

I have covered this topic extensively but I will touch on it briefly again here.

We will not show up in a CVN check. Fact. We offer The only flash tools which will not show in a CVN check whether it be e38, e67, e78, etc.

I would not sit here and try to tell you the dealer could not see it if we were showing up in the CVN check

Thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 11:52 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

So, your tunes use GM Cal IDs then?

I agree the "dealer" would not be able to see it, but GM could. Fact.

If what you claim is true, then why no guarantee?

We're not trying to disrespect you Mike but I don't want to void the last 5 1/2 years of my warranty
Old 04-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

once the stock tune has been restored there is absolutely nothing for them to see. Sure, if you go to the dealer with the tune installed and they really, really wanted to see what was there they could send the PCM to Michigan and have it read out to see the changes in the calibration data.
that scenario is highly unlikely, nor have I ever heard of it actually happening...

Thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

The calibration IDs never change with our tunes. Thats a common misconception with dealers it seems.

CVNs are different than calids. Not only do we not change them, our flashes do not even show up.

Thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

I'll guarantee there will never be an issue regarding CVNs. We cant do anything if you roll into the dealership with the tune loaded...not that they'll see it either way

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo inTune personal experience

Old 04-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

I dont understand what it is you are looking for. Anyone can read a pcm out, compare the read to a known stock read, and see what has been changed. We cant be responsible in this case, even though it has yet to ever be a problem. Dealerships do not even have the means to read a PCM out.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Nothing we do will show up in said snapshots
Old 04-08-2013, 04:01 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Guaranteed UNTIL it breaks!

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Nothing we do will show up in said snapshots
And can/will you guarantee that (back it up with a warranty if GM were to see it and decline warranty work)?
I have noticed this with many tuners on the Forum that it is guaranteed until it breaks. You have probably noticed that tuners guarantees are like a rash, it is always there, and even leave scars that never go away. They always "skirt" around the issue, similar to snake oil salesman, similar to my three requests for one answer. I kept getting "canned" answers, that doesn't help YOUR waranty that you have supposely guaranteed until it breaks!

Quick Reply: Diablo inTune personal experience