C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A totally honest review about Chuck @ C.O.W. and his tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 10:10 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
A DYNO TUNE is for bragging rights. A true professional on the road tune, (Where you drive your car every day) is more realistic.
And statistically infinitely more likely to kill someone. If a dyno is good enough for every OEM and race teams across the globe - it's probably good enough for any of us.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

"If a dyno is good enough for every OEM and race teams across the globe - it's probably good enough for any of us. "

LOL!! I suppose that you decided to get a professional tune over your OEM tune because,,,,, (you fill in the blanks)

If you think a Professional race team depends STRICTLY on a DYNO TUNE to win races,, I have some really good waterfront land in Florida to sell you at a very profitable rate!!
The following users liked this post:
SGT_G (12-01-2015)
Old 01-19-2014, 08:29 AM
2010camaro2sscustom
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi bill,agree yet another reason why chucks method has proven superior over other tunes. When I brought the car to him it ran like **** ,he built the entire tune under normal driving conditions knowing that was the primary goal in mind for my build. Other tuners flash and build the tune under un realistic conditions and dont spend the time to drive the car on daiy road and weather cond as we all know can change or ruin a dyno tune number, chuck is the best in the business bar none,thanks marc
Old 01-19-2014, 08:35 AM
2010camaro2sscustom
Cruising

The best part about all of this is its so easy to blame the tuner,and trash his name rather than blame the car its self for poor results.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010camaro2sscustom
The best part about all of this is its so easy to blame the tuner,and trash his name rather than blame the car its self for poor results.

That's why I originally asked when his tune was done...August hmmmm is it hot in August??? Um YES...

I still haven't gotten the answer as to what the ambient temp was outside when the car was supposedly running hotter but I can guess it was hot based on the time of year which most likely contributed to the temp....

As I said before....my experience and the experience of many other people who I have referred to Chuck has been great....from my C5 rear, tune, and numerous other things Chuck improved upon to my current C6 and my future C7 I'm looking forward to Chuck continuing his excellent work
Old 01-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RULEMKR
It gets super hot and humid down here in Bama and my car actually runs a lot cooler after I was tuned and that's been at least 4 or 5 years ago. Funny thing is; I still contact COW sometimes to see if there is any updates or anything and he readily responds via phone or e-mail. He recently asked for a data log (via autocal) and I'm the one who's procrastinating. Was hoping he could make the paddles quicker or maybe it's time for a Z or C7.
C7....then you get to have the mod bug bite you all over again
Old 01-19-2014, 12:21 PM
2010camaro2sscustom
Cruising

Queston of the day is what was the actual temp,doesnt surprise me he didnt answer back on ambiant temp, was it 98 degrees out had ac on and beating on car,hmmmm that might cause eng temp to go up
Old 01-19-2014, 12:39 PM
2010camaro2sscustom
Cruising

I hear u on mod bug,i added snow performance meth injection stage two,went back to chuck and he worked on for a few hours to dial it in,what a hp difference,and was able to safely run higher boost levels,
Old 01-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 2010camaro2sscustom
I hear u on mod bug,i added snow performance meth injection stage two,went back to chuck and he worked on for a few hours to dial it in,what a hp difference,and was able to safely run higher boost levels,
Great stuff
Old 01-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Danny Richie
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Chuck has done two cars for me. One is done, and the second is close. The one we are currently working on has had some computer issues and Chuck has gone above and beyond the call of duty to figure out a solution.

My favorite mods so far has been the Cow Booster and trany tune. That made a new car out it. No other mod made the car more fun to drive, and I have made many mods now. And after all the mods Chuck was there to help with the tuning again.

And after Chucks tune, trany tune, Cow Booster, and thermostat change the car ran cooler. And some of that was programming the fans to come on a little sooner and blow harder when needed.

Plus when I felt that the Cow Booster was a little to aggressive when trying to peddle down a residential road, Chuck went in and softened it up to my liking.

Really happy here and I'd use Chuck again and again.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:36 PM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

"If a dyno is good enough for every OEM and race teams across the globe - it's probably good enough for any of us. "

LOL!! I suppose that you decided to get a professional tune over your OEM tune because,,,,, (you fill in the blanks)

If you think a Professional race team depends STRICTLY on a DYNO TUNE to win races,, I have some really good waterfront land in Florida to sell you at a very profitable rate!!
wait I live in Florida lol
Im a whole 18 feet above sea level in Tampa
Miss you Bill!
Phil
Old 01-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Im always only a mouse click or a phone call away!

Bill
Old 01-21-2014, 02:43 AM
LAK3RS
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I still don't get how the guy charges an arm and a leg to tune your engine, then tune your tranny, then throw in the BOOSTER! All of that is inclusive when you take your car to a reputable tuner who knows what they're doing. It's also a fraction of the price, and is actually tuned on a dyno - a tool used for tuning cars to their specific needs. I just don't understand people sometimes, but hey that's just my opinion. I'm glad many of you enjoy your products and are happy with it. To each their own.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:21 PM
franman69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Baz... I didn't know you hung out in Scan & Tune so much!... or are you just being a Chuck cheer leader?? (Hey, I know I am!!).. LOVE THAT CoW BOOSTER & TUNE!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:29 PM
2010camaro2sscustom
Cruising

Agree good minds think alike,cow booster is the ****.just referred three more people to chuck off a test drive in my car,the product speaks for itself.hey follow the leader,all the rest will see you in my tail lights
Old 01-22-2014, 06:33 PM
2010camaro2sscustom
Cruising

I work at a chevy dealer,customer came in with box tune saying how great it was,told him you got a minute,turned traction control off nailed it spinning car in circles .guy looked at me,who do I call,like silent salesperson,cow performance
Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,213 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by LAK3RS
I still don't get how the guy charges an arm and a leg to tune your engine, then tune your tranny, then throw in the BOOSTER! All of that is inclusive when you take your car to a reputable tuner who knows what they're doing. It's also a fraction of the price, and is actually tuned on a dyno - a tool used for tuning cars to their specific needs. I just don't understand people sometimes, but hey that's just my opinion. I'm glad many of you enjoy your products and are happy with it. To each their own.

You pay for a tune and you pay for the booster. Those two are independent of each other....tranny tune included with engine tune.
and no it isn't a fraction of the price...well actually he is cheaper that some dyno tunes.

speak the truth or be silent mom always said......

Get notified of new replies

To A totally honest review about Chuck @ C.O.W. and his tune

Old 01-23-2014, 02:53 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by franman69
Hey Baz... I didn't know you hung out in Scan & Tune so much!... or are you just being a Chuck cheer leader?? (Hey, I know I am!!).. LOVE THAT CoW BOOSTER & TUNE!
Hey Fran!!!

Yeah...just trying to set the record straight and speak from my experience

Hoping to see you soon as the weather gets better (soon I hope)
Old 01-23-2014, 03:26 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LAK3RS
Here's how I look at it...I certainly hear your perspective but you don't have this done to your car, so until you do it's your opinion based on not having the particular product...

Imagine if consumer reports gave its opinions on HDTV's when they first came out not based on having seen the picture and experienced it for themselves but just based on what they knew up to that point and said "we here at consumer reports don't get the hoopla over HDTV, the last analog TV we reviewed had a great picture and even had sound, just like this new so called HDTV set that's been released, we don't get it..picture, sound just like analog, therefore we cannot recommend them"

Now that would be nuts...soooo where am I going with this 3:00AM rant?

Um..Chuck is the HDTV of tuners? No, well maybe...

All I'm trying to get across is that there are many many many satisfied customers who are using this product...think of it as reviews on Amazon or any of the other online shopping venues....Chuck would prob have 4.75 out of 5 stars...those vendors or services with 5 out of 5 make me nervous sometimes more than one with a lot of complaints as no one is perfect and no one can make EVERYONE happy it's the nature of humans...

It's safe to say that based on what I have seen and experienced for myself, the vast majority are VERY happy with the CowBoost and tune...try it...you might like it...
Old 01-23-2014, 05:12 PM
dekan513
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A DYNO TUNE is for bragging rights. A true professional on the road tune, (Where you drive your car every day) is more realistic.
a true professional does both my friend. if its about performance then how many cars on the fast list have those installed and tuned by him. they got plenty of ppl bragging about them so im sure they are plenty of opportunity for them to be at the top of every list. drag strip is the true measure of performance. the drivability part of it come with a good tuner, and knows that the car needs to be tuned for each in that environment. with logs to achieve this .

Last edited by dekan513; 01-23-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: A totally honest review about Chuck @ C.O.W. and his tune