C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A totally honest review about Chuck @ C.O.W. and his tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 12:14 AM
socal_tom
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 130 Posts

Default A totally honest review about Chuck @ C.O.W. and his tune

I had Chuck at C.O.W. sell me one of his mail order tunes with his booster he brags about to see if it's true or not . I also seen a few reviews that his customer service had problems, well here it is. I received the tune tune had a few questions and called I was helped by someone or Chuck. I ran into a problem and needed help I called again and Chuck went far and above to help me till it was right and told me ( take it for a drive and call me back) I did and now the car don't push you into the seat it Throws you into the back of the seat hard !!!!. His tune is right on the mark and so is his customer service, I would use him again and send anyone to him. Great tune & customer service and worth every penny I spent with him. Thank you very much to the team at C.O.W.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Sudstrain
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tune By Chuck 2006 Z51 A6, CoW BOOSTER & Stat. in Las vegas sema show 2013. Great guy to work with.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:25 AM
socal_tom
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 130 Posts

I agree with you 100% , The guy cares about giving you what you want and will keep working with you till your happy because that's what he did for me. I could not be happier
Old 12-16-2013, 09:07 PM
toughtaco
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have called him a couple of times. I haven't made the move on what I am going to do with the car yet, but I know he is going to be the one doing it. I am lucky enough to be about 15 minutes away. I ave called and talked to him, and met one of the guys that works with him, nothing but good things to say from me!!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:36 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Hey Mr.Taco....

Originally Posted by toughtaco
I have called him a couple of times. I haven't made the move on what I am going to do with the car yet, but I know he is going to be the one doing it. I am lucky enough to be about 15 minutes away. I ave called and talked to him, and met one of the guys that works with him, nothing but good things to say from me!!!!

Hey Mr.Taco.... What kinda car do you have? C6 I presume?

Chuck CoW
Old 12-25-2013, 04:22 PM
GUDOBOY
Navigator

Chuck CoW tune, ram air and CoW booster what a heart attack on my c6 a6. I love how Chuck works his magic. He is the man with the plan
Old 12-29-2013, 12:35 PM
hw3__
Instructor

curious of your current setup… and the power gain numbers?

thanks
Old 01-18-2014, 09:05 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately I had a different experience with Chuck. He did a tune and a CowBoost on my 07'Z06. A couple of days later, I noticed the car was running 15 degrees hotter than normal. Called him numerous times to get some piece of mind about the situation. He literally didn't respond to me for a year! The cowboost ended up being too sensitive and I had a local tuner (Dave at Precision Dyno), dial it back. I won't be using Mr. Cow for any of my tuning needs in the future and share my experiences with my local Vette friends.

Last edited by Turbooo2u; 01-18-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:43 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by GUDOBOY
Chuck CoW tune, ram air and CoW booster what a heart attack on my c6 a6. I love how Chuck works his magic. He is the man with the plan
Thank you! Nothing like a C6 with CoW BOOSTER! and a good tune.

More good stuff on the way.

Stay TUNED!
Chuck CoW
Old 01-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
Unfortunately I had a different experience with Chuck. He did a tune and a CowBoost on my 07'Z06. A couple of days later, I noticed the car was running 15 degrees hotter than normal. Called him numerous times to get some piece of mind about the situation. He literally didn't respond to me for a year! The cowboost ended up being too sensitive and I had a local tuner (Dave at Precision Dyno), dial it back. I won't be using Mr. Cow for any of my tuning needs in the future and share my experiences with my local Vette friends.
I have the CowBoost and Tune in my C6 and IMO dollar for dollar its the best mod $$ I have spent on the car as it gives me the most pleasure (car is much more fun to drive etc)...Im curious Turbo, what was the ambient temperature outside when you say your car was running hotter?

As for how you say you were treated, that has never been my experience with Chuck over the many years I and numerous people I know have been his customers. I have personally recommended Chuck and the CowBoost to friends of mine with Vettes, CTS's and Camaros and they all are thrilled and cannot be happier with Chucks service

Looking forward to what Chuck and his team come up with for the C7
Old 01-18-2014, 02:36 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,213 Likes on 825 Posts

lol Cow booster didn't make your car run hotter.. nor would a tune. If anything when you advance timing on a car with a tune it runs cooler not hotter...and its only a few degrees.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Turbooo2u

Besides blaming a tuner for your temperature issue,, what have YOU done to help improve the increase in temp?????

Clean the radiator?
Check the thermostat?
Make sure the FAN is running correctly??
Has the outside temp and humidity changed (HIGHER)??

Other than making your fan turn on sooner and run longer, Thats about all that the tune can do to lower the temps. Problems on the C6s is, If you turn the run frequency up too far on the fan, ypu will COOK the fan connector.

Chuck tuned my 06 and 11 Grand Sport and I couldn't have been happier!

As long as your not outright belligerent about how you approach your issue, Chuck has always been responsive to me or anyone that I have recommended to him.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 01-18-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

IMMEDIATELY after the tune, I noticed the car running noticeably hotter. All I wanted was some input and reassurance. I didn't get it.
So I won't be using Chuck again. I found a tuner close-by who does excellent work ( Dave, owner of Precision Dyno) who fixed my problems and improved on Chuck's tune without almost getting me killed!
Old 01-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Turbooo2u

Besides blaming a tuner for your temperature issue,, what have YOU done to help improve the increase in temp?????

Clean the radiator?
Check the thermostat?
Make sure the FAN is running correctly??
Has the outside temp and humidity changed (HIGHER)??

Other than making your fan turn on sooner and run longer, Thats about all that the tune can do to lower the temps. Problems on the C6s is, If you turn the run frequency up too far on the fan, ypu will COOK the fan connector.

Chuck tuned my 06 and 11 Grand Sport and I couldn't have been happier!

As long as your not outright belligerent about how you approach your issue, Chuck has always been responsive to me or anyone that I have recommended to him.

Bill
Well said Bill, those are certainly the steps one should take when having a temp issue and certainly befitting advice coming from a submarine tech

As anyone with a C6 (or C5 for that matter) knows, these babies run hot at times....my question is was there a temp issue at all? And the other question is a whole year??? The more I think about it...so out of character for Chuck...IDK....
Old 01-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

IMMEDIATELY after the tune, I noticed the car running noticeably hotter. All I wanted was some input and reassurance. I didn't get it.
So I won't be using Chuck again. I found a tuner close-by who does excellent work ( Dave, owner of Precision Dyno) who fixed my problems and improved on Chuck's tune without almost getting me killed!
When did you get the tune and when did you experience it running hotter...dead of winter...summer? And what was the temp outside?

Improve on Chucks tune...haven't seen it yet...especially on GM high perf cars...the sheer number Chuck works on and sees in his shop as well as all the mail order tune business he does make his experience second to none in this business from what I have seen...
Old 01-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bkazepis
When did you get the tune and when did you experience it running hotter...dead of winter...summer? And what was the temp outside?

Improve on Chucks tune...haven't seen it yet...especially on GM high perf cars...the sheer number Chuck works on and sees in his shop as well as all the mail order tune business he does make his experience second to none in this business from what I have seen...
I got the tune done in August, 2012. The next day (it was a little cooler) it ran significantly hotter. I called right away as I was concerned. All I'm saying here is that I didn't get return call after 4 or 5 tries and some e-mails. It was poor customer service from someone, who in my opinion, is stretched too thin. There have been numerous posts of people waiting weeks or months for work that was already paid for. I don't have the time nor patience. The local dyno shop did improve upon his tune on the dyno. Better A/F ratio with a little more power. And I was safely out of my vehicle where as Chuck had me driving at over 100mph at full throttle to datalog in mid-day NY traffic!!!

Last edited by Turbooo2u; 01-18-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:54 PM
3rdWish
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Default CoW Tune

I got Chuck to tune my 2010 GS less than a year after I bought it. He worked with me and fine tuned everything. No complaints and what a difference. I am fixing to send him my PCM to do his CoW Booster.

He is in the process of tuning my 2013 Chevy Silverado. He put the booster in the PCM and he is now putting his finishing touches on the tune itself. Man what a difference over stock! Even adjusted my speedo to compensate for 35" tires.

The booster in my Silverado is what convinced me I wanted the CoW booster on my Vette. It is unreal.

AAA+++ for Chuck. He is great to work with and very patient to ensure
everything is right.

Thanks Chuck,
Billy

Get notified of new replies

To A totally honest review about Chuck @ C.O.W. and his tune

Old 01-18-2014, 08:11 PM
2010camaro2sscustom
Cruising

Hi all have 2010 camaro with a custom supercharger set up,chuck built the entire tune including the cow booster trans tune and the car runs perfect and the performance numbers are off the chart,the guy is amazing at what he does,thanks marc
Old 01-18-2014, 08:31 PM
2010camaro2sscustom
Cruising

In reference to the comments from turboo2u ,i am running 9lbs boost, headers liquid intercoolerwith a vortec unit and my car runs at or below normal eng temp after chuck did the tune,car is driven daily and sits in traffic,never runs hot
Old 01-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

A DYNO TUNE is for bragging rights. A true professional on the road tune, (Where you drive your car every day) is more realistic.

Quick Reply: A totally honest review about Chuck @ C.O.W. and his tune