C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to buy gm tech ii scan tool where to?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 12:45 PM
BrownPants209
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out Launch. Tool truck came by friday and our master tech had been testing it for a week. Yes looking to get rid of his snapon modus ultra for it. Just food forbthought
Old 08-31-2014, 08:11 AM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Originally Posted by Tony Back
After a couple days searching work, i finally pickup a Tech 2 scan tool. I do not want to tell a lie. My is clone come with the 32mb card and TIS software(for gm but not for saab). I was told that the 32mb card contains 6 software for different vehicle models.

I already to take a risk before buying the gadget for i heard that the clone can work as well. The original one cost much more than my clone USD320 or so tool.

Prof by facts, it helped in diagnostic. You guess what i now trying to develop extra function like key programming. I am still working on it and soon will figure out.

LOL
I like spam
Old 09-12-2014, 09:02 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrianoroson
Hi i am new here!I bought one gm tech 2 from eobd2.fr ,I have used more than half one year,work very well,recommend for you,hope can help you!
http://www.eobd2.fr/gm-tech2-432.html
First post, only post, hmmm....
Old 09-17-2014, 05:26 AM
lry2014
Heel & Toe

Default good

Originally Posted by Eggbag
this one GM Tech2 at uobd2 is much more cheaper
is this uobd2 a good dealer?
Yeah, a famous shop. Bought some times from them, to me they are the trustworthy supplier.Goods usually dispatch out within 24 hours with tracking number.
By the way, they are 7 year old now, they are celebrating 7th anniversary on sale. Anyone is in need of scanner tools, time to save.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:16 AM
pickleseimer
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I bought a OTC Genisys about 2 years ago and am happy with it. It will not flash a PCM, but it does read/clear current/historic/temporary codes, runs make/model/year specific 2-way diagnostic tests, supports general obd-1/2, can view data as OBD mode data, has make/model/year specific test/diagnosis for domestic, asian and euro cars, records, graphs, prints, has a built-in diagnostic database/help/suggested procedures, is updatable for future makes/models/years for one-time fee, does not require an ongoing subscription, does not require a PC but can integrate with one for review of recorded data, can support optional TPMS and analog / gas analyzer modules. Came with a plethora of cables for pre-OBD-2 cars but I have only used the one OBD-2 cable for my cars. Not quite a tech-2 but does everything I need to do for a broad lineup of cars. Use it on my Vettes, the Hondas, my wife's Mustang and my Cruze. About $1100, and I'd buy it again.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by lry2014
Yeah, a famous shop. Bought some times from them, to me they are the trustworthy supplier.Goods usually dispatch out within 24 hours with tracking number.
By the way, they are 7 year old now, they are celebrating 7th anniversary on sale. Anyone is in need of scanner tools, time to save.
$157.30 for shipping? You gotta be a troll
Old 09-17-2014, 10:18 PM
lry2014
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Flame Red
$157.30 for shipping? You gotta be a troll
Several days ago, they advertise a new GM TECH2 (item no: SP23-B3)in carton package, only 7.05LB (3.2KG) and ship to USA 60USD shipping fee.

Paid one, arrived yesterday in good package no damage. Tested it and work as well as before.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:23 AM
pickleseimer
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

LOL at these endorsements,, as my English teacher wife would say 'The King's English is under attack',,,seriously, LOL
Old 11-07-2014, 12:52 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by jimigree
"Yep, my brother has one from here http://www.careucar.com/wholesale/gm...c-scanner.html, used it many times, had it for about three years. Works great, no problems. And the seller is great with questions and getting back to you on emails. " I got this post from knockoff tech2 - Corvette Forum, this topic may help you make a good decision!
A LESSON!

I purchased a GM Tech 2 from a "FRIEND"..... SHE,, had little or NO, knowledge of the Tech 2 and the UP DATE info so,,, I let her off the hook/\\\

My $1000 GM Tech 2 was last up dated in 2000..
When one of my my friends wanted to use the Tech 2 to remove the F 45 suspension, the GM Tech 2 would NOT recognize his 2003 Zo6.

SO,,,,,,, i had an other "very" close friend with access to the GM web site, up date my tech 2 to the the current configuration... Without that update, its USELESS!

I also had to purchase a higher memory card and a newer operating system.

If you want to use the system on 2005+ C6 cars, you have to purchase a CAN-D module.

Be careful in what you purchase or don't purchase....

BC
Old 11-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Dave-A
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by jimigree
"Yep, my brother has one from here http://www.careucar.com/wholesale/gm...c-scanner.html, used it many times, had it for about three years. Works great, no problems. And the seller is great with questions and getting back to you on emails. " I got this post from knockoff tech2 - Corvette Forum, this topic may help you make a good decision!
Be very wary of post like this. It probably is spam from someone trying to sell Chinese junk. I have never seen a actual contributor here that has recommended these knock-offs. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Arclight
Advanced

I wanted a way to read ALL DTC's from all the modules but didn't want to spend around $4K for a genuine and updated Tech II. I bought the Autoenginuity Scan tool with the Enhanced GM software. It is bidirectional like the Tech II but cannot perform a "flash".It'll run on windows 2000/XP/Vista/7- I'm using an Apple Macbook Pro w/bootcamp running Windows XP. Works flawlessly! Not a TechII-but close enough for what I need.

http://www.autoenginuity.com/product...mily-ei02.html

Last edited by Arclight; 11-09-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:18 AM
GaryDoug
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave-A
Be very wary of post like this. It probably is spam from someone trying to sell Chinese junk. I have never seen a actual contributor here that has recommended these knock-offs. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
I am not a regular contributor because I don't have a Vette. You can believe these copies exist or not. These "cheap Chinese-made knockoffs" are exactly like the "legit" ones that cost a lot more and they are made in the same factory as before. It's just that the original ones are now considered obsolete. The Chinese plant managers just continued making and selling the same units without consent from the original buyers.
I have two (one's for loaning out) and they both work fine. Typical price now is under $300 shipped (sans plastic case price)

In case you want a recommendation from a regular forum user, see this one. I have over 4000 posts there.
http://www.firebirdnation.com/forums...-im-cheap-%3B/

Last edited by GaryDoug; 05-14-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:29 PM
rpm462
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I've been on here a long time and I recently bought a Tech 2 (SP23-C) off the Careucar site back on Thurs April 16th and had it the following Monday. What was funny was I just got a notice on that Monday that it was just shipped. It was $349 plus $150 for shipping, though I'm sure that includes customs fees as well. It came in a very nice plastic case that houses the Tech2 and all the cables and connectors. Several others over in C5 Tech have gotten one also. I'm no expert with it and learning as I go but mine has worked great so far on my 2003 C5 and 2008 C6. Just used it last week to deprogram the F55 on my C5 so I could get rid of the leaking magnetic shocks and put on C6Z06 ones. Will be using it this weekend to cycle the ABS to bleed my brakes on my C6 since they are feeling a bit mushy since I put on the powder-coated calipers.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:40 PM
GaryDoug
Advanced

This is where I bought my 2nd one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GM-TE...891987335.html

Forget about eBay; they don't sell any Tech2's for under about $1000 any more. Some folks have taken to reselling their clones on eBay for that amount.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:55 AM
dentalfloss
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryDoug
This is where I bought my 2nd one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GM-TE...891987335.html

Forget about eBay; they don't sell any Tech2's for under about $1000 any more. Some folks have taken to reselling their clones on eBay for that amount.
GaryDoug, So I can buy this as is without adding any accessories? It would be for my 2005 Vette. Thank you
Old 05-21-2015, 09:43 AM
GaryDoug
Advanced

Originally Posted by dentalfloss
GaryDoug, So I can buy this as is without adding any accessories? It would be for my 2005 Vette. Thank you
Correct. Be aware that the under-$300 priced ones do not come with the large plastic carrying case. You will receive it in an ordinary cardboard box. I found a perfectly usable soft case at a "dollar" store for $10. I wrap a small amount of bubble wrap around the handheld unit for protection. The photo shows the cases with all pieces of the set inside each. I paid no customs duty on either unit. Both were declared as production "samples" by the senders (different ones).

It's a bit of a risk buying these, as I suspect the return process is difficult. And nobody in the US is likely to repair these for now.
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2015, 12:04 PM
Legal Alien
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could I ask you a question about functionality? I need to reprogram my bcm for country of origin to convert my car for use in Europe (2005 C6.)

I have been told it is done via tech2, have you seen this? Would it be possible with a clone do you know???

I think it goes hand in hand with rpo codes etc?

Any help you can give would be great!! I might well jump on the 'clone bandwagon!'

LA

Originally Posted by GaryDoug

Get notified of new replies

To Want to buy gm tech ii scan tool where to?

Old 05-21-2015, 12:18 PM
GaryDoug
Advanced

Originally Posted by Legal Alien
Could I ask you a question about functionality? I need to reprogram my bcm for country of origin to convert my car for use in Europe (2005 C6.)

I have been told it is done via tech2, have you seen this? Would it be possible with a clone do you know???

I think it goes hand in hand with rpo codes etc?

Any help you can give would be great!! I might well jump on the 'clone bandwagon!'

LA
Edit hours later: Forget the following opinion. I was thinking about the F-cars of 96-02. The Y-car does have the connection.

Sorry, I don't really know for sure, but I doubt it could do what you want. The BCM has no direct connection to the DLC, so I am skeptical. Perhaps there is some hidden communication mode or input pin that is supported directly to the BCM(?). I have heard the same as you have, so maybe. I certainly do not see any way to communicate with the BCM in any menus.

Last edited by GaryDoug; 05-21-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Legal Alien
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not the answer I was hoping for sadly.......

I am led to believe all that is needed to do this is a tech 2?

Oh well, back to plan A! Thanks
Old 05-21-2015, 12:58 PM
GaryDoug
Advanced

Originally Posted by Legal Alien
Not the answer I was hoping for sadly.......

I am led to believe all that is needed to do this is a tech 2?

Oh well, back to plan A! Thanks
OOppps, wait, I forgot which forum (Corvette Y-car, not F-car) this was regarding my reply. Now that I see the computer connections in your 2005 C6, I can see that the BCM is indeed connected directly to the DLC (Class 2 buss) pin 2. So it is very possible that you can do this. Unfortunately I don't know anyone locally with a C6 to test that feature.

I am in the St.Petersburg/Tampa Bay area in Florida. If you know of a member there that will let me test the communications, I will try it.

Last edited by GaryDoug; 05-21-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Want to buy gm tech ii scan tool where to?