C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me get to ~1000rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 10:24 AM
g8gt208scvette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help me get to ~1000rwhp

Hi guys so I am doing a new build and I am expecting around 700-800rwhp with this build but plan on being in the ~1000rwhp range next year. I will list my mods...I am wanting to know the best/cheapiest/easiest ways to reach that power level from my build and what supporting I will need to add. This car is a weekend toy, will have very limited dragstrip time...mostly just for the weekends to play around with.

My mods are as follows:

-LY6 iron block (Built by LME)
-Callies Compstar 4" Forged Crank
-Weisco Forged pistons
-Callies Compstar H-Beam connecting rods
-Manley stainless exhaust valves
-Clevite H mains, Bearings, H rods
-Manley Chromoly Push rods
-Custom grind billet camshaft w/ LME dual valve spring kit etc.
-Ported LS3 Heads
-ARP Bolts/Studs
-Melling high pressure ported oil pump

-Procharger D1SC w/ Dallas performance Big Mouth Kit & 4" Pulley
-OBX 1 7/8 headers gutted cats w/ Magnaflow axelbacks
-AEM Water/Methanol injection kit
-TiAL Q BOV
-McLeod RXT Clutch
-ECS Stage 2 fuel system

What do you guys think? How hard would it be to get this build to around 1000hp? Will I have to do allot to the drivetrain or will it be pretty easy to get it there?
Old 11-23-2014, 02:21 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 396 Likes on 361 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Not sure a D1sc can make 1000RWHP. I could be wrong on that. I am surprised if you told Bryan at LME you are shooting for 1000, that he didn't recommend to upgrade from the compstar stuff. He did my engine and I am very happy with it, and the service I got from him.
If you do make 1000, you will need plenty of drivetrain upgrades if you plan to try and put it to the ground.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:18 PM
g8gt208scvette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Not sure a D1sc can make 1000RWHP. I could be wrong on that. I am surprised if you told Bryan at LME you are shooting for 1000, that he didn't recommend to upgrade from the compstar stuff. He did my engine and I am very happy with it, and the service I got from him.
If you do make 1000, you will need plenty of drivetrain upgrades if you plan to try and put it to the ground.
Mostly do to cost...already sunk allot more into this build than I wanted. The dragonslayer is some nice stuff but I have seen that compstar crank go 1500hp no problems so I went with it. I figured i'd run out of blower, D1SC maxes out at 925....What would I have to do to upgrade to the F-1A would I need a whole different kit or could I just swap head units? What are drivetrain upgrades am I looking at? bigger rear end?

Get notified of new replies

To Help me get to ~1000rwhp

Quick Reply: Help me get to ~1000rwhp