C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Master List of How-To Guides for C7 Corvette Stingray

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 12:09 AM
Jet Vet
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 116 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by C7 x 2
I already have those off. I am trying to get the Z06 brake cooling intake vent off. The one just above the side skirts.
Ah, then you'll want to look at removing the wheel well liner to access it from the inside. If that is not possible then you might just have to remove the rear fascia and fenders. Good luck with it.

JV
Old 01-16-2016, 01:07 PM
David Good
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

Lost my Z06 car keys today, located in Las Vegas. I called the dealer they said 7-10 days to get me new one.
I found some locksmith company who can do it >>>
http://www.starlocksmithlasvegas.com/

They want to charge me 250-350 for it, the money its not the issue, but can I trust them?

Last edited by David Good; 01-16-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:47 PM
2HOT4U22013
Heel & Toe

Are these instructions for the C7 ZO6 as well? ty. New to this since I have a new ZO6. Oil change information especially . ty

Last edited by 2HOT4U22013; 01-18-2016 at 12:48 PM. Reason: more about the oil change and didn't make it clear.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:28 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Great info.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:12 PM
70survivor
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Rear Wiring Harness Pin ID?

I need to know the wiring color ID for rear bumper tail light harness.
I am connecting to a C5 harness
Doing a rear bumper swap on my C5 to a C7.......
Old 07-27-2016, 07:15 AM
RJW
Melting Slicks

Location: Tinker till it blows... then back it off a notch, maybe!!
St. Jude Donor '08

I need to swap injectors in a few days...

Looking at the pictures of the fuel pump removal, I think that the fuel tube assembly that goes to left and right rails will have to come out first and it's probably a DISCARD item

Anyone know for sure and/or have a part number?

Thx....(Instructions would also be great )
Old 07-30-2016, 05:01 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by RJW
I need to swap injectors in a few days...

Looking at the pictures of the fuel pump removal, I think that the fuel tube assembly that goes to left and right rails will have to come out first and it's probably a DISCARD item

Anyone know for sure and/or have a part number?

Thx....(Instructions would also be great )
Yes, those tubes are discards. Look for Theta's guide on the swap for the Z06 pump. He has part numbers for the replacement tubes in his guide.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:40 PM
RJW
Melting Slicks

Location: Tinker till it blows... then back it off a notch, maybe!!
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Camshaft swap ?

does anyone have a link to instructions on how to replace the cam (and springs)

thanks in advance
Old 10-26-2016, 10:23 AM
nyciti
Burning Brakes

Received 275 Likes on 169 Posts

How to fully remove Onstar. PM me if you have any questions I had the original thread locked.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...right-way.html
Old 01-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Kenneth Wells
1st Gear

Have purchased a 2016 Stingray Conv. have OnStar Navigation, also the Stingray shows that there is also a in car Navigation program how do I get to use it with my cell phone.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Maximus68
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
The following How-To Guides cover numerous topics and offer pictures, explanations, specifications, schematics, etc of how to work on your C7 Corvette Stingray.

These How-To Guides are neither endorsed by nor property of Corvette Forum or myself in any way/shape/form. All liability stemming from any actions taken in relation to these guides is solely placed upon the user.

Please continue to check back often, as this thread will continue to grow as more How-To Guides are added!

We hope you will find these guides useful.

Updated (2/28/15) - Major Overhaul, Added Sections/Dividers, Added Member How-To Guides Section

Updated (4/8/15) - Added Additional Member How-Tos

Updated (4/29/15) - Added Front/Rear Brake Rotor How-Tos

Updated (7/21/15) - Added Additional User-Submitted How-Tos / Cleaned-Up Some Older How-To Entries

Updated (8/26/15) - Added Additional User-Submitted How-Tos

NEW: Member-Written How-To Guides:

These guides have been selected from the countless threads here for being verified, helpful, and informative. All disclaimers above apply, and please note that these guides are neither monitored nor updated officially or unofficially by any staff or technical writers - they are the sole property and responsibility of the original author. If said author wishes to be removed from this list, please contact me via PM.

Real good. Have a how to on seat belt Install in a 2016 Z06?
                                                                                                                                                                                    Old 05-11-2017, 12:00 PM
                                                                                                                                                                                      #112  
                                                                                                                                                                                    Phudu2004
                                                                                                                                                                                    Advanced

Phudu2004's Avatar

Member Since: Mar 2017
                                                                                                                                                                                    Posts: 99
                                                                                                                                                                                    Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
                                                                                                                                                                                    Default

Thx for all the great infos. I'm looking for a how-to on either lowering the cradle or raising the engine. Bought a set of pfadt long tube headers and in their instruction, it said may need to raise engine up for clearance. On the post of VR testing different headers, they said the cradle would need to be lower to fit the pfadt headers. I found all that out after buying the headers and ceramic coated them. So returning or exchanging is out of the question. And I'm trying to do it myself so that I would know for sure that everything went right. Thanks in advance and any info would be appreciated.
                                                                                                                                                                                    Old 01-05-2018, 08:42 PM
                                                                                                                                                                                      #113  
                                                                                                                                                                                    0Cajun @ Edgyvette
                                                                                                                                                                                    Former Vendor

Cajun @ Edgyvette's Avatar

Member Since: Mar 2003
                                                                                                                                                                                    Location: Tampa FL
                                                                                                                                                                                    Posts: 18,673
                                                                                                                                                                                    Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
                                                                                                                                                                                    St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Default

Is there a How To on C7/C7Z front fender removal?
                                                                                                                                                                                    Old 01-14-2018, 02:36 AM
                                                                                                                                                                                      #114  
                                                                                                                                                                                    jimmbbo
                                                                                                                                                                                    Melting Slicks

jimmbbo's Avatar

Member Since: Dec 2017
                                                                                                                                                                                    Location: Central Commiefornia
                                                                                                                                                                                    Posts: 2,011
                                                                                                                                                                                    Received 950 Likes on 609 Posts
                                                                                                                                                                                    Default Light bulb/LED list

Perhaps a chart of the light bulb numbers/LEDs used in the various locations and how replaceable they are by a reasonably mechanically inclined owner from 1 (easy) to 10 (make a dealer appointment).
                                                                                                                                                                                    Old 01-15-2018, 01:18 PM
                                                                                                                                                                                      #115  
                                                                                                                                                                                    0Cajun @ Edgyvette
                                                                                                                                                                                    Former Vendor

Default

Anyone have the wiring diagram for the C7 Z MAF and O2 sensors. Tuning the new PTS single turbo and car wont go into closed loop. Thinking it is signal issue to MAF or O2s

Thanks
                                                                                                                                                                                    Old 01-25-2018, 10:02 AM
                                                                                                                                                                                      #116  
                                                                                                                                                                                    0Cajun @ Edgyvette
                                                                                                                                                                                    Former Vendor

Default

Does anyone have an ECU pin out diagram for 2016 ZO6?
                                                                                                                                                                                    Old 02-01-2018, 08:37 AM
                                                                                                                                                                                      #117  
                                                                                                                                                                                    Vyper340
                                                                                                                                                                                    Instructor

Vyper340's Avatar

Member Since: Dec 2016
                                                                                                                                                                                    Location: VB 757 VA
                                                                                                                                                                                    Posts: 247
                                                                                                                                                                                    Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
                                                                                                                                                                                    Default

Any possibility of adding some info for the convertible? Like the top tonneau cover and top area/latch/speakers/etc?

Get notified of new replies

To Master List of How-To Guides for C7 Corvette Stingray

Old 09-07-2018, 03:40 PM
                                                                                                                                                                                      #118  
                                                                                                                                                                                    Luke C7
                                                                                                                                                                                    Instructor

Luke C7's Avatar

Member Since: Apr 2018
                                                                                                                                                                                    Location: Tennessee
                                                                                                                                                                                    Posts: 135
                                                                                                                                                                                    Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
                                                                                                                                                                                    Default

Is it just me but like everyone of these How-To's are empty? I cant see any instructions or pictures.
                                                                                                                                                                                    Old 09-07-2018, 08:42 PM
                                                                                                                                                                                      #119  
                                                                                                                                                                                    FYREANT
                                                                                                                                                                                    I'm Batman..
                                                                                                                                                                                    Pro Mechanic
                                                                                                                                                                                    Support Corvetteforum!

FYREANT's Avatar

Member Since: Apr 2014
                                                                                                                                                                                    Location: Lehigh Acres FL
                                                                                                                                                                                    Posts: 6,131
                                                                                                                                                                                    Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
                                                                                                                                                                                    Tech Contributor

Default

Originally Posted by Luke C7
                                                                                                                                                                                    Is it just me but like everyone of these How-To's are empty? I cant see any instructions or pictures.
                                                                                                                                                                                    What are you looking for? I may be able to help out..
                                                                                                                                                                                    Old 10-12-2018, 02:12 PM
                                                                                                                                                                                      #120  
                                                                                                                                                                                    tiborrules
                                                                                                                                                                                    Racer

tiborrules's Avatar

Member Since: Jul 2014
                                                                                                                                                                                    Location: Fort Myers FL
                                                                                                                                                                                    Posts: 262
                                                                                                                                                                                    Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
                                                                                                                                                                                    Default

mine are blank also. wanting to remove spark plugs.

Quick Reply: Master List of How-To Guides for C7 Corvette Stingray

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.