Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of recent pics taken today

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 05:15 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I just did a Google maps at GM's Yuma testing facility. Don't know when the satellite view was made.

Three Corvettes behind the wall. One covered and two red ones uncovered. Couldn't zoom in close enough to see any details.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:52 PM
vettesmith02
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Mighta been a Caddie with two Corvettes?

Old 03-11-2017, 10:00 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,156 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I just did a Google maps at GM's Yuma testing facility. Don't know when the satellite view was made.

Three Corvettes behind the wall. One covered and two red ones uncovered. Couldn't zoom in close enough to see any details.
That Google Earth Photo was taken on 3-23-2013. Google Maps uses Google Earth when switched to Satellite view. Those Corvettes were probably C6's though could also be pre- C7 mules. The same image on Google Earth is much clearer when viewed on Google Earth vs Google Maps

Last edited by skank; 03-12-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:35 PM
RichKiss
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Yes...and for quite awhile .....

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...ingGround.html

Also notice that the car on the far side is a convertible and without a tall wing.

I think that puts a damper on the idea that the camo'd cars are some exclusive super-duper track car like an ACR.

There is another photo around that shows a convertible with the front end changes but with a very low wing.

I'm still of the impression that we are seeing 2018 Z06's with a new front fascia and with various aero packages(ie; base, stage 2, Z07, etc).

I'm pretty sure that this was a staged "spy shot" opportunity by GM's marketing as there is no reason for the two cars to leave the test faculty and driven to a motel to be left out overnight. Plenty of regular cars at the test facility for "engineers" to drive back and forth to a motel. The kicker is that the "engineers" did not get into the cars the next morning and drive them back to the test facility, but that a large transporter came and picked them up at the motel, and I bet that's how they got to the motel in the first place.
And parked underneath a parking lot light.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:48 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
That Google Earth Photo was taken on 3-23-2013. Google Maps uses Google Earth when switched to Satellite view. Those Corvettes were probably C6's though could also be pre- C7 mules. The same image on Google Earth is much clearer when viewed on Google Earth vs Google Maps
I believe that you are correct. On Google Earth, the two red ones appear to be C6's but the covered one appears to be a C7. Photo definitely was made a long time ago. Must take a long time for the slow *** satellite to past over, since the view is 4 years old.

Quick Reply: A couple of recent pics taken today