Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trackman scares the crap out of this guy. video

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:07 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trackman scares the crap out of this guy. video

fast farward this vid to 10:00 and listen to this guy!! my second favorite pasenger to "THE PUKER" to bad i didn't get that on vid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MukCpLiWFlo
Old 01-28-2008, 09:41 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

"What kind of brakes do you have on this thing?"

"Just regular corvette brakes."

"ARE YOU FOR REAL?!"

Very cool of you to let him tag along.
So how many times did he say "it doesn't look this fast from the sidelines".
Old 01-29-2008, 11:32 AM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sperkins
"What kind of brakes do you have on this thing?"

"Just regular corvette brakes."

"ARE YOU FOR REAL?!"

Very cool of you to let him tag along.
So how many times did he say "it doesn't look this fast from the sidelines".
he made a comment about how it didnt look fast so i said"would you like try it and that was the result....
Old 01-29-2008, 11:47 AM
vdshenoy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

ARE YOU FOW REALLLL?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:08 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

Old 01-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Haha. that was awesome I took my mother's friend's son for some hot laps at VIR back in '04 at Viper Days. He was a 17 year old import kid who had his kitted civic w/ fart pipe. He was of the opinion that all American cars were heavy and couln't handle.

Sliding through Hog's Pen around 100 cured his ignorance quickly. He told me it was more fun than any roller coaster he'd ever been on.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:05 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

5-6 years ago I took GF for a ride at Pocono long course. We hit 165 on the back straight before the body kit. We came to the Devil's elbow which is 180* harpin. The main road continues straight so it is blocked off with cones. She didn't know we were turning direction in a hurry:lol: . She later told me she was screaming CONES CONES! She thought I didn't see them. When we made the corner her head went out the window and it took her a while to get it back in. I was oblivious to all her screaming. Then power steering fluid was going on the headers and smoke was coming in the cockpit and she was screaming fire:lol: She never used the helmet she bought after that ride.:crazy: I never heard a word:*****:
Old 01-29-2008, 01:33 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John Shiels
5-6 years ago I took GF for a ride at Pocono long course. We hit 165 on the back straight before the body kit. We came to the Devil's elbow which is 180* harpin. The main road continues straight so it is blocked off with cones. She didn't know we were turning direction in a hurry . She later told me she was screaming CONES CONES! She thought I didn't see them. When we made the corner her head went out the window and it took her a while to get it back in. I was oblivious to all her screaming. Then power steering fluid was going on the headers and smoke was coming in the cockpit and she was screaming fire She never used the helmet she bought after that ride. I never heard a word
great story,,, corvette --$50,000 hpde entrence fee-- $300 , to scare the livin crap out of someone-- pricless........
Old 01-29-2008, 02:11 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

he's another I am the victim. Go on plane ride ( acrobatic plane )! He hands me a chute 30 second lesson on How to bailout! Takeoff things are fine. He even let's me play with the super sensitive stick Things are great no fear Diving and pulling out at the last minute, continuous rolls, flying over the beach upside down at low altitude, and loops doing near 200 mph downward. Never felt my face seem like it was peeling off before.

He said how do you feel I said ""! As we are going back I I duct tape my mouth with my hands only. Just about to land and I enter HURL CITY 6-7 times. Being stubborn I do not let anything pass my lips. I take it back every time Get out of plane and then hit the ground but it not coming up any more. Never even spit.

Fast forward one week next friend goes up not so lucky he turns it all lose 8 or ten hours to clean the inside of the plane Glad I'm stubborn.

Went to instruct once and felt not so good not having a wheel in my hand. That was the end for me.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

one guy said what is the ambulance for?? i said your not having fun unless your doing somthing they woulnt do unless there an ambulence waiting right there for you....
Old 01-29-2008, 02:36 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
one guy said what is the ambulance for?? i said your not having fun unless your doing somthing they woulnt do unless there an ambulence waiting right there for you....
that is what makes a track event good, safety! Everytime I go to Pocono and bikes are running there is an person airlifed out due to injuries.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:53 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
great story,,, corvette --$50,000 hpde entrence fee-- $300 , to scare the livin crap out of someone-- pricless........
Old 01-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

We had a highspeed autocross on 411Speedway in Knoxville. I heard a passenger say, "Right about the time I would have the brakes, you shifted into 2nd."

Get notified of new replies

To trackman scares the crap out of this guy. video

Quick Reply: trackman scares the crap out of this guy. video