Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

PacNW Trackday Roll Call, Coordination and Track rats Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 04:32 PM
bhk2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by danh52
It sounds like most on here are from the Seattle area? Anyone from Portland or frequent the PIR track? Both straights at PIR have concrete walls. I haven't seen anyone crash on the front straight but it's somewhat common on the back straight. There's a bump exiting the last turn before the straight that seems to upset some cars, the straight isn't actually straight but a gentle curve with the track off camber toward the outside of the curve. Passing is to the outside so it does feel a bit "twitchy".

I'm still in the clutch break in period, about 175 miles still to go. Still hoping I can get on the track before the summer is over but can't plan anything for the time being.

What are people using for street brake pads? I'm putting more street miles on the Z than I thought I would so I should pick up something easier on the rotors and with less dust.

With black rims, I changed the stock pads to Amp'd Autosports, 1521. See http://ampdautosport.com. I can confirm the 1521s reduced the dust by 90% for street driving. The last time at PR, I used the 1521s even thought the are designated for street use. Comparing the amount of brake dust between OEMs and the 1521s while at the track...too close to call. However, since tracking on the 1521s, I've noticed more dust than before the track use, but not anywhere near the same level as OEM pads. Amp'd carries a wide selection of track pads.

The last week of July, I plan to be back at PR for another lapping session.

Last edited by bhk2; 07-17-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:42 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by nolimits
Great PCA Porsche club event yesterday at Pacific. Nice cool weather for the cars and a good turnout. Couple other vettes there, and a quick GT3 race prepped Cup car that was blazing by all of us. Tried my new Racelogic video system, will need to get proficient at posting on YouTube.
Hope to see your video's, glad the carbon ceramics are working out for you!
Old 07-17-2016, 10:50 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Coming out of turn 9 at PR can be a little dicey if you drift to the left edge of the track and hit the bumps. I've bounced around in there pretty hard at times, it seems trying to stay a bit more towards the center of the track is helpful, just don't be at 10/10's doing it.

I recall one wet/rainy day at the Ridge, I followed an NSX through 14-15-16, he got a little too much throttle in 16, trailing throttle oversteer and right into the wall. Fortunately I left enough room behind him so it wasn't an issue.

I too have seen cars lose it around 5B at PR, ending up into the tirewall on the inside of the track. The car was towed out.

So with an accident like that, the car was towed off the track and left on the side of the road at the entrance to the track. What is that all about? Insurance? Owners of the track want it off the premises?
Old 07-21-2016, 02:48 PM
bhk2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Default July 27

I am signed up for the lapping session at PR next Wednesday, July 27--driver's check-in starts at 11:30. Always good to seeing other vettes at and on the track. I believe there are spots still available.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Kevin_k
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Turn2 Annual Drive for Camp Goodtimes - August 4th

Hey track rats! Please Join Turn2 on August 4th for the Fourth Annual Drive-A-Thon for Camp Goodtimes!

Come out to exercise your car, go for a ride in one of six NASCAR ground pounders, bid on super cool auction items and hang out with some of the most amazing kids you'll ever meet! Camp Goodtimes campers will be onsite to enjoy the day, visit with drivers and ride around the track during the “Parade Lap” at lunch.

To learn more about the 4th Annual Camp Goodtimes Drive-A-Thon, please visit www.thegoodtimesproject.org/driveathon.

ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT THE GOODTIMES PROJECT, INCLUDING YOUR TRACK FEES!

To register please go to http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...7#.V5I27H_2a71

If your company matches donations, please pay your $300 track fee at https://secure.lglforms.com/form_eng...-t10ocaAhXRLXg to receive your tax receipt immediately.

We hope to see you at the track! Thank you for your support!
Questions:

Call Tom Pritchett regarding all on track questions at 425-417-3675.
Email Tina Davis at tina@thegoodtimesproject.org with questions about the auction or The Goodtimes Project.

ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT THE GOODTIMES PROJECT.
Hope to see you there and thank you for all the support!

Last edited by Kevin_k; 07-22-2016 at 11:25 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 08-04-2016, 03:24 AM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice event with Cantrell at the Ridge last Sat. Only 35ish cars, two run groups and lots of seat time. Ferry ride back was a great way to dodge the Tacoma construction and traffic.

PCA has one this Fri at the Ridge, weather should be great!
Old 08-04-2016, 04:35 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Nice event with Cantrell at the Ridge last Sat. Only 35ish cars, two run groups and lots of seat time. Ferry ride back was a great way to dodge the Tacoma construction and traffic.

PCA has one this Fri at the Ridge, weather should be great!
There is also Test & tune track day on Tuesday Aug 9th at the Ridge by Ridge Racing School, open session whole day, and advanced only. We hope to see no traffic!

Last edited by X25; 08-04-2016 at 04:35 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Rexracer77
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

The NWAA has a track day at ORP September 19th, its a Monday, but $145 for a full day!
http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...8#.V6o7faJdBHU
Old 08-10-2016, 01:41 PM
tomZ51
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick note about the Drive A Thon for Camp Good Times. We had 273 people go through the gate and an additional 39 minors from the camp who received rides. For this one day event, we are currently at $41,200 and this is prior to company matching that we won't know for a little bit yet, but I am confident in these numbers to be close to 50k for this incredible cause! A big thank you to everyone who attended!
Old 08-10-2016, 01:42 PM
tomZ51
Pro

Turn2 has their last 2 days for the season at the Ridge on September 2nd and 3rd.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:44 PM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tomZ51
Just a quick note about the Drive A Thon for Camp Good Times. We had 273 people go through the gate and an additional 39 minors from the camp who received rides. For this one day event, we are currently at $41,200 and this is prior to company matching that we won't know for a little bit yet, but I am confident in these numbers to be close to 50k for this incredible cause! A big thank you to everyone who attended!
Nice job Tom and company! Great cause to contribute too.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:53 PM
four0nefive
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 236 Posts

For anyone that's interested, there's another SCCA Track Night in America @ The Ridge on the 25th (Thursday). Great place to start if you've never tracked a car before or if you're an advanced driver looking for a fun way to spend a Thursday.

Details: tracknightinamerica.com

Also I'm a photographer for Track Night in America so you can enjoy some hq pictures of your car on track too!

Old 08-29-2016, 10:30 PM
tomZ51
Pro

This coming weekend is Turn2's season finale! There will be a BBQ dinner each night after the events! There is still room on both Friday and Saturday and the weather looks to be track perfect.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:30 AM
Kamran
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

I'll hopefully be there one of the two days, which ever one with higher chance of wet track.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:47 PM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

An excellent Turn 2 day today at the Ridge, good to see lots of vettes and talk with a few of you. Tom had his herd and there was a wide variety of cars as usual, including a couple of Radicals and a highly modded M3 that has run 1:43s there.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:58 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Originally Posted by Kamran
I'll hopefully be there one of the two days, which ever one with higher chance of wet track.
I think winter season will open up soon, which is also cheaper. You'll probably find many wet driving opportunities; just be careful at the very last turn where most cars shift seemingly in the corner : )

Certainly not with Corvette, but I might join one of those days with my Miata.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:19 AM
Kamran
Pro

Originally Posted by X25
I think winter season will open up soon, which is also cheaper. You'll probably find many wet driving opportunities; just be careful at the very last turn where most cars shift seemingly in the corner : )

Certainly not with Corvette, but I might join one of those days with my Miata.
I had a fantastic fist two sessions in the pouring rain. Unfortunately afterwards standing water on track started to drain off and my "street" tires started to get completely shredded sliding everywhere drifting through every corner on just damp/wet track. By early afternoon, my almost brand new Michelins were turned into slicks, except that they didn't have the adhesion of slicks. So I ate humble pies the rest of the day!

Nitto NT01's are perfect for damp/wet track. Unfortunately I corded my NT01's after only three trackdays and I wasn't about to go buy a new set for the last Trackday with my car. So instead I trashed a set of new street tires...I don't think that was the brightest thing...!

Great BBQ with all the guys who hung around afterwards. Thanks Tom, see you "next" year!

It'll be a very long winter with my GS here (in Kent shipping yard actually, right now) and all I can do is to just stare at it and wonder what it could be like...?

Last edited by Kamran; 09-04-2016 at 01:54 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To PacNW Trackday Roll Call, Coordination and Track rats Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 08:32 PM
nolimits
Burning Brakes

Bump for winter and since its been so quiet. Everyone getting cars ready for the coming season. Just had the ZR out for a drive today, they sure like the cool air. Nice sunny ride.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Kamran
Pro

I'm eyeing Tom's upcoming April 7/8 dates. Most likely the 8th.
Still have a few things to get the car ready!
Old 02-02-2017, 06:28 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Bump for winter and since its been so quiet. Everyone getting cars ready for the coming season. Just had the ZR out for a drive today, they sure like the cool air. Nice sunny ride.
Glad you were able to get out! Mine is still in storage.

Quick Reply: PacNW Trackday Roll Call, Coordination and Track rats Thread