C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another great experience with Chuck at CoW

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 04:45 PM
njedwardz
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Another great experience with Chuck at CoW

hey all; I just wanted to take this opportunity to document some great customer service I’ve had recently.

So if anyone read my thread about a lifter failure, you'll know that I
recently threw on a set of ported heads and a new new cam and all that
stuff. Well, long story short, after all the hardware was in the car, it wouldn't start and we had a whole slew of communications issues with the car’s computers. Didn't post about it here because I just didn’t have time with semester exams and all that. Brought the car to the dealer only to have them refuse to even diagnose it (4 days later… great service). Had the car towed back to my house and started putting my engineering degree to work…

Along the way, I spent some time talking to Chuck and honestly I wouldn’t have the car running yet if not for him. We thought that there was a good chance that the ECM was bad, so while I was waiting for my Tech2clone to come in from Thaiwonland, China, Chuck offered to send me a freshly programmed E38 ECM FOR FREE so that we could use that as a diagnostic. I can’t think of any other companies that would overnight a part to a customer free of charge just to help them out.

When the ECM turned out not to be the issue, Chuck sent over most of the electrical portion of the service manual, and we spent probably a total of 8 hours on the phone while continuity checking wires and trying different things.

At the end of the day, one of the GMLAN terminals had backed out of the EBCM harness, and after that was fixed everything fired right up. Not a hard problem to solve, but when your mechanic assures you that he checked it, you assume that it’s good. Not the case. At the end of the day, my car got fixed not because my mechanic was an electronics genius or the dealership did their job, but because Chuck will drop whatever he’s doing to make sure that his customers get the help they need.

My experience with CoW started 2 years ago when I got an AutoCal tune and booster from Chuck and it’s just gone from there with me expanding to doing my own tuning with both a FlashScan and HPT as we made more mods to the car. Obviously there’s a reason he’s the guy I call when I have an issue even though he’s 1500 miles away. His marketing is out there and there’s a lot of BS out there, but his products just plain work and from my experience there is NOWHERE that offers the same quality of service after the sale. Chuck, I really appreciate you helping me out of my bind; it’s such a relief to have everything running properly again!

If anyone’s considering a remote tune or throttle mod, I absolutely have to recommend that you work with Chuck. You will not regret it! Anyone can do a tune on a car that just runs at the drag strip, but to make a car work well at 20,000 miles/year takes some know-how. Not that other tuners don’t have it, but Chuck is the first that I have encountered that will keep working with you months or years afterward to keep it perfect.
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 05:09 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 547 Likes on 335 Posts

Great to hear that your issue was resolved. I personally would not have expected anything else but the exact type of service and help from Chuck. He tuned my car nearly 10 years ago after a not so great experience here locally. He even tuned my Avalanche.
Chuck CoW (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 05:54 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you VERY much!

Originally Posted by njedwardz
hey all; I just wanted to take this opportunity to document some great customer service I’ve had recently.

So if anyone read my thread about a lifter failure, you'll know that I
recently threw on a set of ported heads and a new new cam and all that
stuff. Well, long story short, after all the hardware was in the car, it wouldn't start and we had a whole slew of communications issues with the car’s computers. Didn't post about it here because I just didn’t have time with semester exams and all that. Brought the car to the dealer only to have them refuse to even diagnose it (4 days later… great service). Had the car towed back to my house and started putting my engineering degree to work…

Along the way, I spent some time talking to Chuck and honestly I wouldn’t have the car running yet if not for him. We thought that there was a good chance that the ECM was bad, so while I was waiting for my Tech2clone to come in from Thaiwonland, China, Chuck offered to send me a freshly programmed E38 ECM FOR FREE so that we could use that as a diagnostic. I can’t think of any other companies that would overnight a part to a customer free of charge just to help them out.

When the ECM turned out not to be the issue, Chuck sent over most of the electrical portion of the service manual, and we spent probably a total of 8 hours on the phone while continuity checking wires and trying different things.

At the end of the day, one of the GMLAN terminals had backed out of the EBCM harness, and after that was fixed everything fired right up. Not a hard problem to solve, but when your mechanic assures you that he checked it, you assume that it’s good. Not the case. At the end of the day, my car got fixed not because my mechanic was an electronics genius or the dealership did their job, but because Chuck will drop whatever he’s doing to make sure that his customers get the help they need.

My experience with CoW started 2 years ago when I got an AutoCal tune and booster from Chuck and it’s just gone from there with me expanding to doing my own tuning with both a FlashScan and HPT as we made more mods to the car. Obviously there’s a reason he’s the guy I call when I have an issue even though he’s 1500 miles away. His marketing is out there and there’s a lot of BS out there, but his products just plain work and from my experience there is NOWHERE that offers the same quality of service after the sale. Chuck, I really appreciate you helping me out of my bind; it’s such a relief to have everything running properly again!

If anyone’s considering a remote tune or throttle mod, I absolutely have to recommend that you work with Chuck. You will not regret it! Anyone can do a tune on a car that just runs at the drag strip, but to make a car work well at 20,000 miles/year takes some know-how. Not that other tuners don’t have it, but Chuck is the first that I have encountered that will keep working with you months or years afterward to keep it perfect.
Thank you VERY much!

And let's not forget to mention my buddy Joe at Pro Torque Converters!

Joe's a great guy that deserves mention too for participation in this car!

Thank you Nolan for believing in me, your continued business, and this great thread!

Chuck CoW
Old 12-21-2016, 08:22 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Nice Job Chuck !

Dave
Chuck CoW (12-22-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 08:57 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Nice Job Chuck !

Dave
Chuck CoW (12-22-2016)
Old 01-13-2017, 01:27 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thank you Very much!

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Thank you Very much!

Chuck CoW
Old 01-13-2017, 10:40 AM
unclecookie
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts

Thank you OP for posting this tribute to Chuck. There seems to be so many "bashing" posts on this forum, so it's refreshing to read stories like this about someone who has gone the extra mile to help a fellow forum member.

At some point I would very much like to get the A6 transmission tune for my base 08. I'm not happy with the way the shift paddles perform, and so I have only tried to use them once or twice in the 3 years I've owned the car. The result was hitting rpm limiter before the trans would shift. Very disappointing! Hopefully I will be contacting Chuck in the near future to see if he can help me out.

Thank you njedwardz,
and thank you Chuck.
Chuck CoW (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 09:29 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thank you too!

Originally Posted by unclecookie
Thank you OP for posting this tribute to Chuck. There seems to be so many "bashing" posts on this forum, so it's refreshing to read stories like this about someone who has gone the extra mile to help a fellow forum member.

At some point I would very much like to get the A6 transmission tune for my base 08. I'm not happy with the way the shift paddles perform, and so I have only tried to use them once or twice in the 3 years I've owned the car. The result was hitting rpm limiter before the trans would shift. Very disappointing! Hopefully I will be contacting Chuck in the near future to see if he can help me out.

Thank you njedwardz,
and thank you Chuck.
Thank you too! And if decide to call in the next week I'll gladly honor my expired Christmas Tuning Special for

you as well. I PROMISE that you'll LOVE the way my tune drives and you might not even be interested in

the paddles any more.

Call me when you're ready!
Chuck CoW
unclecookie (01-14-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 06:38 PM
unclecookie
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Thank you too! And if decide to call in the next week I'll gladly honor my expired Christmas Tuning Special for

you as well. I PROMISE that you'll LOVE the way my tune drives and you might not even be interested in

the paddles any more.

Call me when you're ready!
Chuck CoW
Unfortunately I have a sick 96 year old mother to contend with at the moment. Hopefully in the not too distant future I will be able to get the tune from you. My car is an 08 base with A6, absolutely stock. What would you recommend as far as the tune is concerned? Just the trans tune? Engine and trans? PM me your thoughts. Thanks
Chuck CoW (01-18-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 10:07 PM
njedwardz
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Unfortunately I have a sick 96 year old mother to contend with at the moment. Hopefully in the not too distant future I will be able to get the tune from you. My car is an 08 base with A6, absolutely stock. What would you recommend as far as the tune is concerned? Just the trans tune? Engine and trans? PM me your thoughts. Thanks
Well, I think it depends on what you want out of the car. A transmission tune will give you much faster, crisper shifting, and will totally change the behavior with regard to downshifting to pass, etc. All in all, it makes the car drive how it should've from the factory. As far as the paddles are concerned, his tune will remove 99% of the delay that's there from the factory as well. The amount of customization that's possible here is really endless, and Chuck was very good about working with me to get the car exactly the way I wanted it, not just the way he wanted to tune it like many other tuners will.

An engine tune will give you a good deal more full-throttle power, as there's quite a bit left on the table from the factory, as well as vastly improving the responsiveness and mid-range power that you'll use all day, every day. I personally consider it a must. To give you an idea, Chuck's engine tune made +- 5HP of what a "professional" dyno tune made on my car, and Chuck's tune gave me much better fuel economy and everyday drivability (which is much more important than WOT performance for me)

With the literal tens of thousands that I have invested in aftermarket performance on this car, I have to say that Chuck's tune and booster were the single best investment I made, hands down. 1. because he does great work, but 2. because he's consistently been available to discuss future ideas, troubleshooting, upgrades, maintenance, repairs, tech, etc. The amount that I've learned talking to Chuck and also Joe and Mike at ProTorque is quite honestly invaluable.

Last edited by njedwardz; 01-14-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Chuck CoW (01-18-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 03:49 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default It would be best explained over the phone.

Hey there. Sorry about your mom. We've all been there.

When you have time.... give me a ring. 914-332-0049 I'm always here late.

The package we do includes all 3 and is well, well worth doing all at once.

Call any time.
Chuck CoW
Old 01-19-2017, 09:33 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Is there any benefit to tuning a stock M6 car? I know with the C5 there wasn't a benefit worth spending the money for, but with the improved engine and intake design on the C6 it would seem it might make a difference.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:48 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default While all automatics make very big improvements,

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Is there any benefit to tuning a stock M6 car? I know with the C5 there wasn't a benefit worth spending the money for, but with the improved engine and intake design on the C6 it would seem it might make a difference.
While all automatics make very big improvements, the sticks do just fine themselves

with a good tune and a CoW BOOSTER!

It has always been the BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK for all corvettes....even sticks.

The STOCKER the BETTER in my book, because the owners of the totally stock cars GET THE BIGGEST

GAINS for the money spent. The more money you spend afterwards.... the less the return on investment you get.

ALWAYS get your car tuned first....Before doing any mods.

You will understand why I always say that...after you get your TUNE & CoW BOOSTER! from me.

914-332-0049
Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To Another great experience with Chuck at CoW

Quick Reply: Another great experience with Chuck at CoW