Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Interior disparity between C7 and C7 Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Rtmoore4
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Interior disparity between C7 and C7 Z06?

Tadge,

I was surprised to see the interior disparity between the C7 and the C7 Z06. Specifically, the 3LZ seems to be a mirror of the 2LT in that is missing the passenger dash and upper door leather trim pieces of the 3LT. I would have expected that the interior trim pieces on the limited production Z06 would have been available, as they seem to have been in previous generations. Can you explain why this decision was made for the C7, and let us know if there is any plan to bring these packages into parity with the 2016 MY?
Old 02-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Rtmoore4
Tadge,

I was surprised to see the interior disparity between the C7 and the C7 Z06. Specifically, the 3LZ seems to be a mirror of the 2LT in that is missing the passenger dash and upper door leather trim pieces of the 3LT. I would have expected that the interior trim pieces on the limited production Z06 would have been available, as they seem to have been in previous generations. Can you explain why this decision was made for the C7, and let us know if there is any plan to bring these packages into parity with the 2016 MY?
I can tell you right now, the only differences are in the colors of the materials, not the materials themselves. The 3LZ has all the same leather pieces the 3LT has, but some colors are black on the 3LZ, whereas the same pieces on the 3LT are the accent color.

As explained by GM, this is to reinforce the driver-centric focus of the Z06, because on the Z06 all the accent color leather pieces are on the driver side. On the 3LT there are accent color pieces on the passenger side too (less "driver-centric"). Those passenger-side pieces are black leather on the 3LZ.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:59 PM
ArcticC7
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet
I can tell you right now, the only differences are in the colors of the materials, not the materials themselves. The 3LZ has all the same leather pieces the 3LT has, but some colors are black on the 3LZ, whereas the same pieces on the 3LT are the accent color.

As explained by GM, this is to reinforce the driver-centric focus of the Z06, because on the Z06 all the accent color leather pieces are on the driver side. On the 3LT there are accent color pieces on the passenger side too (less "driver-centric"). Those passenger-side pieces are black leather on the 3LZ.
OK but in all reality it makes no real sense.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:18 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet

It would seem that this disparity only complicates the build process. The interior trim pieces should be the same on both cars. I don't like the argument about driver centric. Both are cars and both have drivers.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Rtmoore4
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
It would seem that this disparity only complicates the build process. The interior trim pieces should be the same on both cars. I don't like the argument about driver centric. Both are cars and both have drivers.
I agree completely. They should be the same.

Last edited by Rtmoore4; 02-17-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:03 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Interior disparity between C7 and C7 Z06?

agreed.good question for the curious
Old 02-27-2015, 12:30 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,145 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default Vote!

Add to the poll.

Get notified of new replies

To Interior disparity between C7 and C7 Z06?

Quick Reply: Interior disparity between C7 and C7 Z06?