Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.
View Poll Results: Which question should Tadge answer?
Add Stage 3 Aero to Stage 1 or 2 Z06s
13.98%
All Season Performance Tires
41.94%
Android Auto Questions
12.90%
C7 Roof Panel Constraints
7.53%
Introduce the Corvette Engineering Team
23.66%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 23 August, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 09:59 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,807 Likes on 1,146 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 23 August, 2015

Vote for which of these 5 you'd like to have Tadge answer. The winner will be submitted Sunday, 23 August. The questions are posted in the replies below, with links to their respective threads.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:01 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default Add Stage 3 Aero to Stage 1 or 2 Z06s

Original question is here.

RS4EVA asked
What impact, negative or positive, would there be to handling? Can I add just the wicker bill and not the larger front winglets or the other way around?
Old 08-16-2015, 10:02 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default All Season Performance Tires

b4i4getit asked:
Would it be possible to make an all season performance tire available for the Corvette ? Certainly GM has enough pull with the tire manufacturers to get one of them to develop a runflat that would be usable all year and would have some level of performance. This would be beneficial for those that like to use their cars all year and have no track aspirations and would also eliminate the tire cracking issue that many have experienced.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:02 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default Android Auto Questions

defaria asked
I'm planning out getting a 2016 C7. I hear that Android Auto (AA) is coming to the C7 for 2016 but later in the production year. How much later? Since my order will be the in the beginning of the 2016 production year I probably won't have AA at the start. Will it be offered as an upgrade later on? I'd be OK with a little extra cost.

But more importantly, and this is something nobody seems to ask, will the turn by turn directions be available in the HUD under AA. I like the fact that the nav system puts the turn by turn directions in the HUD. It was nicely done on my C6, telling me the name of the street/exit, whether it was a left or right turn and a little progress bar about how much further it was until the turn. No after market unit offered that integration and I just assumed that it was a GM proprietary API known only to GM. But if GM is updating hardware and supporting AA shouldn't it support these turn by turn directions in the Nav? If not, why would I not simply buy the Pioneer unit that does AA?
Old 08-16-2015, 10:03 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default C7 Roof Panel Constraints

nassau65 asked:
I ordered a 2LT/Z51 yesterday, 7-30-15. After submitting the order, my dealer was told that this roof panel would not be available and I would have to order a transparent panel or other optional unit. Can you tell me when the painted body-panel will be available, as I don't want the transparent one?
Mod note: This question is similar to this other one, but the author of that question already has another in this week's poll. It's the same, basic idea though.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:04 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default Introduce the Corvette Engineering Team

jvp asked:
Would you be willing to introduce us to the team of engineers and others that work on the Corvette? I'm curious as to how many folks are directly tied to the Corvette.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:51 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Hey folks -

Tadge has let me know that he's going to be traveling and/or out of the office for the next week or so. Given that, we're going to skip ahead one cycle. Meaning: when this poll ends on Sunday, I'm going to save the question that won and send it to him on 6 September. At that point, we'll begin the cycle again.

Get notified of new replies

To Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 23 August, 2015

Quick Reply: Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 23 August, 2015