Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Any more ZR1's before mid engine changeover

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:58 PM
LAGBLC7
3rd Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any more ZR1's before mid engine changeover

As a fan of " the old days" is there any talk of a final edition ZR1 with front engine configuration that would top the current Z06, Viper supercharged, or new GT 500 that would put the final "frosting " on all these want a be's. A final edition with say a 454 or 427 with a a centrifugal supercharger and near 1000 hp?
Old 10-06-2015, 08:33 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,145 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Hopefully it's obvious to folks that I won't even put this up for vote because Tadge can't answer questions about any sort of new product.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:12 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Sigh....people killin me....
Old 10-09-2015, 08:07 AM
LAGBLC7
3rd Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RC000E
Sigh....people killin me....
Lack of sleep is killing you. Get a life
Old 10-09-2015, 09:44 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,145 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by LAGBLC7
Lack of sleep is killing you. Get a life
Stay on target.

I'm not going to defend RC000E, but his point is apropos to this thread. Your response is a bit out of line. Per the Read Me First post in this section (which you did read first, right?)

Think About Your Question - Are you asking something that Tadge can answer? Put yourself in his shoes and act as if you've just been asked that question. Could you answer it? Or would it put your job in jeopardy because you've given away corporate secrets?
If you were in Tadge's shoes, could you honestly answer the two questions you asked in your original post?
Old 10-09-2015, 06:36 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

The one point I always found interesting, was that Dave Hill DID talk of future projects quite a bit. I imagine some in house changes have taken place, due to the growth of the internet biting them at times. I'm sure Tadge won't ever discuss a Nurburgring time again ahead of time either, as that one sure has stirred the pot.

Again, the level of transparency with this "Corvette" situation is highly unorthodox for a major manufacturer....it's simply too much for people to handle. When Tadge steps down, I'd advise them to change the game and keep them all silent. Here's the car, take it or leave it.

JVP defend me....HA....when Corvettes fly!
Old 10-11-2015, 10:58 PM
LAGBLC7
3rd Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

[QUOTE=RC000E;1590663088]The one point I always found interesting, was that Dave Hill DID talk of future projects quite a bit. I imagine some in house changes have taken place, due to the growth of the internet biting them at times. I'm sure Tadge won't ever discuss a Nurburgring time again ahead of time either, as that one sure has stirred the pot.

Again, the level of transparency with this "Corvette" situation is highly unorthodox for a major manufacturer....it's simply too much for people to handle. When Tadge steps down, I'd advise them to change the game and keep them all silent. Here's the car, take it or leave

Get notified of new replies

To Any more ZR1's before mid engine changeover

Quick Reply: Any more ZR1's before mid engine changeover