Safety spec for test / lap record C7's - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Ask Tadge > Ask Tadge
Reload this Page >

Safety spec for test / lap record C7's

Notices
Ask Tadge Post your questions here for Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and then discuss the questions and his answers.

Safety spec for test / lap record C7's

Old 02-12-2018, 07:39 PM
5thGear
CF Senior Member

Default Safety spec for test / lap record C7's

Dear Tadge,

I have noticed that Corvette track test cars are equipped with race seats (one piece) and harness setup. I have noticed this setup on Ron Fellow Z06 test car at Spring mountain, Jim's ZR1 lap record car at Virginia (congrats by the way), ZR1's at Willow Spring press rides, and also test car at the Nurburgring.

Would you please elaborate about the safety setup for test cars? Are the airbags activated with such setup? Any tips for anyone that is interested in such setup for the track (not sure if it can be offered for purchase as a package by GM performance department)?

Old 02-12-2018, 10:31 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,509 Times in 417 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Facilitator

Sorry guys, this question isn't going anywhere. You have to imagine the liability nightmare this will entail if GM starts naming products they use for their testing.

I'm locking this and not allowing a debate on it, because I know precisely the direction it'll go.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Safety spec for test / lap record C7's

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.