Safety spec for test / lap record C7's - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Ask Tadge Post your questions here for Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and then discuss the questions and his answers.

Safety spec for test / lap record C7's

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 06:39 PM   #1  
5thGear
CF Senior Member

Default Safety spec for test / lap record C7's

Dear Tadge,

I have noticed that Corvette track test cars are equipped with race seats (one piece) and harness setup. I have noticed this setup on Ron Fellow Z06 test car at Spring mountain, Jim's ZR1 lap record car at Virginia (congrats by the way), ZR1's at Willow Spring press rides, and also test car at the Nurburgring.

Would you please elaborate about the safety setup for test cars? Are the airbags activated with such setup? Any tips for anyone that is interested in such setup for the track (not sure if it can be offered for purchase as a package by GM performance department)?

Old 02-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #2  
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,302 Times in 376 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Facilitator

Sorry guys, this question isn't going anywhere. You have to imagine the liability nightmare this will entail if GM starts naming products they use for their testing.

I'm locking this and not allowing a debate on it, because I know precisely the direction it'll go.
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Safety spec for test / lap record C7's
  •  

Closed Thread