Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

New Pioneer AVIC-Z1

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 03:29 PM
dshriver
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Pioneer AVIC-Z1

This new pioneer unit almost makes we consider putting a pop out screen H/U in my C5. Almost!

http://news.designtechnica.com/article8708.html
Old 12-22-2005, 03:58 PM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Try it

You may like it

Old 12-22-2005, 06:15 PM
WDDarts
Instructor

I am not 100% sure but i think this is a double din unit - not a pop out screen. This is from the press room area of Pioneer's web site -

"The AVIC-Z1 replaces any existing factory system with a double DIN in-dash opening. The all-in-one unit includes a motorized front panel display, two-way crossover, three sets of RCA outputs, Supertuner IIID, Easy EQ and MOSFET50 X 4 amplifier."

There are no pictures that I am aware of (some I have see show the N1 and N2 units with this article on other sites than Pioneer) but I am pretty sure when they are talking about the "motorized front panel display" it means the display will slide out of the way so you can load cd's, dvd's etc.

This will be my head unit mod when it comes out. Hopefully we will get to see some pictures soon.

Here is the link to the press release if you want all the data.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...602044,00.html
Old 12-22-2005, 06:21 PM
14U2ENV
Melting Slicks

Location: Lino Lakes, MN _________________________ I Figured out how to do this!
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06

Can't really find any good shots of it.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Bman
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

I hope its a double din..
Old 12-23-2005, 01:59 PM
willpall
Instructor

Here's a shot of it

Got that from here

Last edited by willpall; 12-23-2005 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added link to image website
Old 12-23-2005, 02:19 PM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the in dash AVIC-D1. It is a cleaner factory look (let me rephrase this, since one member says it isn't very clean and looks horrendous) It is installed nicely until I can have it better done. It doesn't block the A/C. Or block the A/C controls if you swap places.

Last edited by SLPRC5; 12-23-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Tony2
Racer

Not trying to be a jerk here or anything but that is a horrendously bad looking install on the D1. You should look around as there are some good examples on fabricating your bezel to make it look OEM. Or worse case scenario find a local custom stereo shop as they can clean that right up for you as well.

Tony
Old 12-23-2005, 02:41 PM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Tony2
Not trying to be a jerk here or anything but that is a horrendously bad looking install on the D1. You should look around as there are some good examples on fabricating your bezel to make it look OEM. Or worse case scenario find a local custom stereo shop as they can clean that right up for you as well.

Tony
Thanks Tony, you the first to put it down..let's have a look at yours
Old 12-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Tony2
Racer

Like I said I was not trying to be a jerk and once again sorry if it came across that way. I am involved in the 12v industry as a manufactures rep and was simply stating my opinion as I have seen experienced installers do some amazing work integrating equipment into vehicles. With such a nice vehicle and head unit it seems a shame to have a hack job with visible cut lines etc on your bezel.

For example this forum member did a great job on his……..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1&forum_id=103

Take a look at that, now can you honestly say you feel the install on yours is as clean? You spent the dough on awesome product why not go the extra mile and make it look like it belongs there?

Tony
Old 12-23-2005, 04:02 PM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Like I said I was not trying to be a jerk and once again sorry if it came across that way. I am involved in the 12v industry as a manufactures rep and was simply stating my opinion as I have seen experienced installers do some amazing work integrating equipment into vehicles. With such a nice vehicle and head unit it seems a shame to have a hack job with visible cut lines etc on your bezel.

Take a look at that, now can you honestly say you feel the install on yours is as clean? You spent the dough on awesome product why not go the extra mile and make it look like it belongs there?

Tony
Well, Tony as the old saying goes "it's not what a person says, it's how they say it". I don't think it is "horrendous" looking and no one else labeled as such. Your apology is accepted. Input is welcomed and after your advice I will seek out a shop to clean up the apperance. I'm sure it can be dressed up with an aftermarket bezel.

Last edited by SLPRC5; 12-23-2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:46 AM
Cscokd
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Tony
Tony, as an unbiased forum member, I think your bedside manner sux, sales rep or not. Instead of putting down someone elses hard work and raining on their parade, why don't you PM him privately with your insulting opinions instead of doing it on this forum?
Old 12-24-2005, 05:51 AM
edensknight
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great custom auto electronics and video upgrade!
Old 12-24-2005, 07:36 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

I think that this is great news, not so much because I want the Z1 but more because it will drive prices on the N1 and N2 units lower. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on one of these units. I love the look.

Paul
Old 12-24-2005, 09:50 AM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

I couldn't wait for the Z1 so I went with the N2
Old 12-24-2005, 10:59 AM
WDDarts
Instructor

[QUOTE=willpall]Here's a shot of it

I don't think this is an actual shot of the new Z-1. I hope I am wrong but is most likely the N-1 or N-2 as it is a single DIN radio with a pop out screen. The new Z-1 is advertised as a double DIN unit. I am wondering if this is someone adding a picture to make the article more appealing? No pictures yet on the Pioneer web site. (see link in post above) Again I hope I am wrong because I am wanting to do a double DIN addition and this new unit has allot of good stuff the N-1 and N-2 do not. (I have an N-1 in my Durango). Plan to model the install after LV 2 XLR8's install which looks totally factory - very very well done!!
Old 12-24-2005, 03:59 PM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cscokd
Tony, as an unbiased forum member, I think your bedside manner sux, sales rep or not. Instead of putting down someone elses hard work and raining on their parade, why don't you PM him privately with your insulting opinions instead of doing it on this forum?
Thank you! In true tridition of the Mask Man, that was elegantly put.
Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2005, 04:05 PM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by EnglandGreen
I couldn't wait for the Z1 so I went with the N2
They are all nice. I just perferred the in dash look. The onboard hard drive is surly going to be in demand. Either way it's all personal preferance and budget and price will be coming down on the others.
Rsty

Get notified of new replies

To New Pioneer AVIC-Z1

Quick Reply: New Pioneer AVIC-Z1