Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Back-up wire hook up for Avic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 10:43 PM
rcs128
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Back-up wire hook up for Avic?

Hey, quick question for all you guys that have installed an Avic in a C5... where did you tap into the wire for the reverse sensor wire?

Thanks... I'll be twisting myself around under the dash tomorrow. Hopefully by dinnertime the Advil and the Avic will be working!
Old 12-24-2005, 02:59 PM
LV_2_XLR8
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcs128
Hey, quick question for all you guys that have installed an Avic in a C5... where did you tap into the wire for the reverse sensor wire?

Thanks... I'll be twisting myself around under the dash tomorrow. Hopefully by dinnertime the Advil and the Avic will be working!
Since I was putting a backup camera in my third brake light, (thanks to GB Vette for the great instructions) I had already drilled a hole accessing the rear fascia from the cabin. I tapped into my backup light wire right at the bulb, behind the rear fascia. I had the carpet and trim pieces already off to install a 12 CD changer and it seemed like the easiest way, since everything was aleady torn up.

Don't forget top post pics of your finished install.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:12 AM
rcs128
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LV_2_XLR8
Since I was putting a backup camera in my third brake light, (thanks to GB Vette for the great instructions) I had already drilled a hole accessing the rear fascia from the cabin. I tapped into my backup light wire right at the bulb, behind the rear fascia. I had the carpet and trim pieces already off to install a 12 CD changer and it seemed like the easiest way, since everything was aleady torn up.

Don't forget top post pics of your finished install.
Thanks! I'll be sure to get the pics up when I'm done... but I'm taking my time with the console, so it may be a while...
Old 12-27-2005, 11:22 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by rcs128

Me too. I ran a wire round through the cockpit, over the door pillar and into the trunk. I drilled a hole in the bulkhead to route the wire. I then tapped into the reversing light circuit at the number plate/reversing light fitting.

Get notified of new replies

To Back-up wire hook up for Avic?

Quick Reply: Back-up wire hook up for Avic?