Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Rear speaker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 02:20 AM
Corvettetodd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Rear speaker replacement

Is there a thread pertaining to the removal of the rear speaker panels to replace the rear speakers on a C5 coupe. It looks like there are clips holding them in, but I dont want to break anything.
Also has anyone built their own stealth sub box to fit under the rear panel. I plan on building one this weekend with one 10" sub and any tips would be apprieciated....
Old 12-30-2005, 03:13 AM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not sure about removing the rear speakers, but drive around a while with the h/u faded all the way to the front. you may find out that you like the way it sounds better. This brings the sound stage front and center where it should be fyi: Most sq winning vehicles dont have rear speakers

as far as the stealth box most of us have them. i have a set of plans for making your own or you can check out www.subthump.com and save yourself the headache of making your own (when you factor in supplies and oem carpeting you wont save much money making the box on your own)

also, i see you're a junior member. check out the c5aaudio faq :edit: seems like you did check out the faq

Quick Reply: Rear speaker replacement