Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Sub box and cargo covers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Gottinelli
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub box and cargo covers?

The installation of the sub box in my Z06 calls for 2 cargo latch covers for the side cargo spaces. Now, my Vette didn't come with any cargo covers and Chevrolet wants 260 bucks for the pair. Anyone have an idea why (my installer will mount thru the bottom of the center cargo space anyway) or at least a link for aftermarket cargo space covers? Appreciate it!!
Old 03-31-2006, 01:05 PM
litnrod
Racer

Default Why not make some.

I made some covers to replace the existing rear side cargo covers in my C5 w/hatch...this was done to put 6x9's in them out of some pressboard, maybe it was mdf, I can't remember, cover them with matching carpet, and there you go...cargo covers for under $20 bucks.

Wood, $5, Carpet, $5...Time spent working on your car making improvements, priceless.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Gottinelli
Intermediate

Copy that....any special place to find the matching carpet?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:44 AM
litnrod
Racer

Originally Posted by Gottinelli
Copy that....any special place to find the matching carpet?
For the tan, surprisingly the automotive carpet at walmart has a perfect match. it is in the car department.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Shangreer
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The installation of the sub box in my Z06 calls for 2 cargo latch covers for the side cargo spaces. Now, my Vette didn't come with any cargo covers and Chevrolet wants 260 bucks for the pair. Anyone have an idea why (my installer will mount thru the bottom of the center cargo space anyway) or at least a link for aftermarket cargo space covers? Appreciate it!!
If you are talking about the JL Audio stealth box, it needs to the locks from the cover because I beleive it comes with a replacement cover that goes over your sub box but has a hidden grill in it. This way it blocks none of the sound and still looks stealth. At least this is what it looks like from what I have read.

Shan
Old 04-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Gottinelli
Intermediate

Thanks Shan, yeah that's what type it is. Guess we'll get it installed, then maybe come up with a solution. I'll either make my own or leave it as is. Just didn't want to run into a snafu/pay Chevrolet what they were asking for them...
Old 04-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Shangreer
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Shan, yeah that's what type it is. Guess we'll get it installed, then maybe come up with a solution. I'll either make my own or leave it as is. Just didn't want to run into a snafu/pay Chevrolet what they were asking for them...
Don't blame ya. That is a bit steep. Worst case, maybe you can find a C5 in the junkyard that you can buy the cover out of for cheap.

Get notified of new replies

To Sub box and cargo covers?

Quick Reply: Sub box and cargo covers?