Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C4 Stereo/Other wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2001, 04:25 AM
VetteRacer282
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 Stereo/Other wiring

Since my engine is out and I have the chance to do it easily now I want to prerun wires for when i am able to put more toys in my car.

I want to prerun two positive wires and two negative. Here is what each would power.
First: 2 Amps, one for 2-10 subs, one for the other 4/6 speakers; Electronig Crossover; CAP; Dist Block
Second: Neo35 MP3 Player; Laptop Computer; CB; Possibly Radar Detector, and possibly Scanner; Dist block

What size wires should I prerun? for the first I was thinking 4guage, for the second I was thinking 8 guage. Same size used for grounds?

Also what size wires should be run for the battery? Cables need replacing already, and I plan on running an Optima battery, which (unless new since i checked last) has the posts on the opposite sides. I figure I will run main power off of side posts, and run the accesories (above two cables) off the top mount, if I do that will I need to dual ground the battery?

Anything special I should look for in wires? Just ran some 4 guage Lightning Audio cable in my brothers car, stuff was very nice to work with. Not sure what it costs, but I would like something that flexible to prerun. For the Battery I would like something not as ugly as the stock cables, am I out of luck on this? Or can I run the same type stuff I will be for the preruns?

Thanks in advance, enlighten me as much as possible on what I should do and any other recomendations you have for me. I will post again if I can think of any other issues.
Old 08-19-2001, 06:09 AM
VetteRacer282
Drifting

Default Re: C4 Stereo/Other wiring (VetteRacer282)

TTT
Old 08-26-2001, 12:24 AM
VetteRacer282
Drifting

Come on people
I know there are some smart ones out there
Old 08-27-2001, 05:13 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Well when I had 2 amps and a 1 Farad Cap. in my vette I had run 4 gauge from the battery back, Street Wires I think, I think used a fused distribution block to go to the amps. I did the same for the Ground. I used a standard Distribution block and used a 4 Gauge wire to my grounding point.

As for Brand I honestly don't think any one is better then the other. I could be wrong though.

Old 09-08-2001, 10:15 PM
92TripleBlack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: C4 Stereo/Other wiring (-=Jeff=-)

12 Guage for the accessories should be plenty, and 2 or 4 gauge for the amps depending on how big they are. Get high strand good quality wire like monster or phoenix gold. Make the grounds local, not in the front at the battery. The longer the ground cables, the more chance for engine noise.
92TripleBlack

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Stereo/Other wiring

Quick Reply: C4 Stereo/Other wiring