Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Front Speaker Removal on a 1994 Corvette?

Old 08-19-2001, 12:04 PM
Reverend Nasty
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Speaker Removal on a 1994 Corvette?

I've looked all over the web and have found nothing concerning speaker removal for a C4. I am sure this question has been answered before, but the search feature for this forum is screw-balled. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-19-2001, 06:43 PM
paid4c4
CF Senior Member

Default Re: Front Speaker Removal on a 1994 Corvette? (Reverend Nasty)

Neil:
You didn't say if it was drivers or passengers side. I will give you the passengers side because it is easier! And I just did it. First remove the screws which hold the carpet cover over the door entry. Open the door and you will see several screws in the carpet which faces the door. There are several more screws which hold some trim pieces on the door jam which will have to come off. The whole piece just lifts off, carpet, speaker cover and all. This exposes the speaker encloser which is held in place by four self tapping screws and one wiring harness connection. You might think about replacing the industrial strength piece of velco on the encloser which latches and holds the speaker cover tight, you'll see what I mean. Write if you need additional, I have the shop manual which covers all four speakers.
Start to finish with time to look around, about 10-15 minutes.
Good luck!
Bill
paid4c4
Old 08-21-2001, 03:49 PM
Reverend Nasty
CF Senior Member

Your steps worked perfectly. I do appreciate your insight my friend. I was a bit disheartened by the triangular bolt pattern on the speaker enclosures for the front speakers though. I managed to bend the metal on the speakers to match the enclosure without warping the speaker itself. I am curious if anyone makes after-market speakers that match that triangluar pattern. Xtreme Sounds here in Austin sold me my Kicker I400s stating they would work perfectly... Pffft!
Old 08-21-2001, 11:32 PM
paid4c4
CF Senior Member

Rev;
Your welcome, after all that's what the forum's about, vette people helping vette people!!!!!!!!!
Bill

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front Speaker Removal on a 1994 Corvette?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: