Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Need Bose head unit help...

Old 08-22-2001, 12:49 AM
EricJ
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Default Need Bose head unit help...

I do not like the sound of the Bose Gold system in my new 96 LT4 coupe. Can I upgrade the speakers or an amp and speakers and continue to use the stock head unit?

I wouldn't mind a new head unit but all of the head units I have seen are too flashy and do not match the amber lighting in C4's at all.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!!!

Eric J.
Old 08-22-2001, 11:20 PM
toddalin
CF Senior Member

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Re: Need Bose head unit help... (EricJ)

Yes, and it makes a world of difference. I use an AudioLink PD-4, a couple JBL B80 pro amps, and added a couple tweeters in the rear and the system kicks butt! No-one can believe that all that sound is coming out of the stock speakers!
Old 08-23-2001, 11:58 AM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Default Re: Need Bose head unit help... (toddalin)

Explain please.
Old 08-24-2001, 11:24 AM
92TripleBlack
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need Bose head unit help... (EricJ)

Replace the whole thing. You can buy expensive adapters that cost 3/4 the price of a quality deck and it still will sound poor or just get a good deck and have clean sound. I also hate all the light shows that are now prevelant on the current generation decks. Look at Nakamichi if you want a basic look. It also comes in amber lighting. You may want to leave the stock deck in the dash as a dummy deck and install a remote commander for a disk changer. That way when they look into your car and see the stock deck, they'll keep walkin. Even car sterio thieves don't want the Blose decks.
92TripleBlack

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Bose head unit help...

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: