Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C5 door panel removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 09:33 PM
RB Racing
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 door panel removal

I know how it comes off but my door panel tool is hard toget under the panel. I don't want to gauge up the door frame I was thinking a putty knife wrapped in electrical tape to get it started. Any tips?
Old 09-24-2006, 09:48 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

pop the reflector out of the corner put ur hand in there and pull like none other works for me every time
Old 09-24-2006, 10:01 PM
RB Racing
Advanced

I was wondering if that popped off. I'll give that a try.
Thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 AM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
pop the reflector out of the corner put ur hand in there and pull like none other works for me every time

yup there is a notch on the bottom of the reflector for a screw driver
Old 09-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Mo'Phat
Racer

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
Yeah, that worked for me too, and broke off the plastic piece that the push-pin thingamajig slips into. The one closest to the reflector.

I broke the passenger side. Turns out the previous owner snapped off the same one on the drivers' side. Not a big deal, since there's 5 or 6 others holding the door on...but it was my first broken piece of my car.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:01 PM
RB Racing
Advanced

My panels were never off so they are on kind of tight but now that I know the reflector comes off it shouldn't be as bad. You can buy the push in pieces if they wear out or break from any shop that sells autobody supplies they come in a bag. Thanks for the help guys I'm on crutches so simple things like getting the right tools sucks but I want to do a few things to the car.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Mo'Phat
Racer

Originally Posted by RB Racing
You can buy the push in pieces if they wear out or break from any shop that sells autobody supplies they come in a bag.
The push-pin didn't break...the part of the door panel that the push pins is held on by for positioning before it's pushed into the door broke off.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:42 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
The push-pin didn't break...the part of the door panel that the push pins is held on by for positioning before it's pushed into the door broke off.

yea i had one of those break on my door panel too. not sure if i did it, or if it was done by previous owner. oh well thats what sound deadner is for right
Old 09-25-2006, 06:53 PM
RB Racing
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
That sucks. I guess pulling on the panel stresses the surrounding area where the pin slides into. that's why your supposed to get the fork tool
underneath there to pry on the pin but it's not easy those things are in there snug.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Mo'Phat
Racer

Originally Posted by RB Racing
That sucks. I guess pulling on the panel stresses the surrounding area where the pin slides into. that's why your supposed to get the fork tool
underneath there to pry on the pin but it's not easy those things are in there snug.
Yeah..I was pulling firmly and the sucker just broke loose. I wasn't being He-man or anything. I hear the first time the pins come out it's really tough, but gets easier the more times you pull the panel.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 door panel removal

Quick Reply: C5 door panel removal