Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C5 Tweeter Mounting??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Fasthotrod
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kale
you could also use metal strapping and bend it.
I did this for my wrx install.

That would be a quick and easy way to do it. A lot of the tweeters I have used/seen have a mounting screw on the back to be able to attach it to something...

I bought a length of aluminum at Home Depot for this very reason. 1/2" wide and a few feet long.

I actually bent one so that it would drop the tweeter down towards the center of the speaker cone area... just be careful to account for the driver excursion.

Don't ask me how I found that out...

Mark
Old 06-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasthotrod

That would be a quick and easy way to do it. A lot of the tweeters I have used/seen have a mounting screw on the back to be able to attach it to something...

I bought a length of aluminum at Home Depot for this very reason. 1/2" wide and a few feet long.

I actually bent one so that it would drop the tweeter down towards the center of the speaker cone area... just be careful to account for the driver excursion.

Don't ask me how I found that out...

Mark
fbbppt! fbbbbpppt... fppppbb...
Old 10-29-2015, 03:10 AM
Chichi1986
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have plates that fit into the factory location. My speakers are Image Dynamics ctx65xs components. All i did was place the tweeters about an inch above the woofers and ths sound is out of this world in my opinion. I wouldn't change a thing. Plus install is much easier this way.

Quick Reply: C5 Tweeter Mounting??