Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What Texture and Paint are you guys using on your modded radio bezels? Anyone Vinyl

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:28 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 423 Likes on 321 Posts

Default What Texture and Paint are you guys using on your modded radio bezels? Anyone Vinyl

Cars at the shop now and the installer wants to wrap it in vinyl. I think it MIGHT look cool but just incase I know there is a two stage process of texturing and painting. I also know you guys use SEM for this. What is the exact part numbers of the stuff? Thanks
Old 08-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SEM texture coat is the name... I used this for my apillars, looks nice. Vinyl would be almost impossible to do on that piece without vacuum forming.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:51 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Kale
SEM texture coat is the name... I used this for my apillars, looks nice. Vinyl would be almost impossible to do on that piece without vacuum forming.
Thanks Kale. Do you happen to know the product code? Is this a texture and paint in one? How is the durability.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Texture is alone, coat is later. Its on my a-pillars so it doesn't get bumped much.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:41 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Thanks again. I actually found my answers in the C5 FAQ hah go figure. Thanks to ScottFX as well

"SEM #39853 Texture Coating and SEM #13023 Low Luster Clear"

Get notified of new replies

To What Texture and Paint are you guys using on your modded radio bezels? Anyone Vinyl

Quick Reply: What Texture and Paint are you guys using on your modded radio bezels? Anyone Vinyl