Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Having problems w/ alpine cd and ipod cable...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 09:16 AM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Having problems w/ alpine cd and ipod cable...HELP

I have just installed a cda-9887 and a high speed ipod cable in my c5. I have a 1st gen ipod touch. The ipod will be playing fine and then all the sudden go to error 01 on the head unit. The manual claims the radio is having a connection error between ipod. I can either unplug the ipod and reconnect or shut radio off and restart. I have checked all connections. Is it possible I have a bad cable?
Thanks in advance,
Steven
Old 08-30-2009, 01:30 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 273 Likes on 164 Posts

Not sure, but I have a Kenwood DNX9140 and the iPod will lock up and the HU shows "Disconnected" for the iPod. I have to reset the damn iPod for it to start working again. Its happened frequently.

If you have the latest firmware (ITunes will tell you), its probably not the cable or HU but the iPod.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Fasthotrod
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FUNC5
Is it possible I have a bad cable?
Thanks in advance,
Steven
Very much so.

I have the iDA-X001 and it comes with a long cable that attaches to the back of the HU, then provides a female USB connection. From there is a shorty USB-->iPod cable. That small cable has developed a small internal break, such that it will disconnect at times.

I tried to use my 'regular' cable from the iPod, but combined with the other attached cable, it's too long and won't connect properly. (Too much voltage drop, I assume.)

Turns out, I also had a bad connector on the bottom of my iPhone, which lead me into a circular troubleshooting nightmare.

If you can, swap the cable for a known good unit and try it. Good luck.

Mark
Old 08-31-2009, 05:33 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasthotrod
Turns out, I also had a bad connector on the bottom of my iPhone, which lead me into a circular troubleshooting nightmare.
If you ever pick up the paper and read a story about me going postal at work, it was most likely due to an intermittant electrical problem, I HATE those calls

Get notified of new replies

To Having problems w/ alpine cd and ipod cable...HELP

Quick Reply: Having problems w/ alpine cd and ipod cable...HELP