Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Update, ID components arrived, modified Arc amps due any day now:)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:18 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Update, ID components arrived, modified Arc amps due any day now:)

I have the Morel 9" mid basses and Seas full size aluminum dome tweeters installed and ready to test as soon as the order of modified amps arrives.

Then I am gong to swap out the speakers for the ID units and give them a run. Since they have a highly adjustable passive crossover I may be able to just bridge the 4 channel amps to provide 250 watts per side ( I could offer a lower cost 75x2 amp as it may do a good job as well but if you want a truely dynamic system it is best to have as much power as you can or at least very very sensitive speakers)

I expect the ID's to be the ones to go with but I have to build a ported enclosure that fits into the door without any door modifications which is not exactly going to be easy.

But, they model well to play into sub bass where the Morels will go low but maybe not low enough.

I am very excited to get this done because I can hardly wait to have a great system in our car and have it ready to offer to my fellow enthusiasts

Rick

Quick Reply: Update, ID components arrived, modified Arc amps due any day now:)