Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Head unit feature wanted

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:35 AM
capehorn3
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Head unit feature wanted

I have a Garmin IQ3600 and XM mounted in my Vette and want to change to all in dash. Does anyone now make an Internet connected GPS head unit so I can have satellite radar overlaid on GPS? I see the new Pioneer has Pandora, that could replace my XM.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:26 PM
2KROADSTER
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by capehorn3
I have a Garmin IQ3600 and XM mounted in my Vette and want to change to all in dash. Does anyone now make an Internet connected GPS head unit so I can have satellite radar overlaid on GPS? I see the new Pioneer has Pandora, that could replace my XM.
I don't recall seeing one on the market. When I was researching head units a year or so ago, I vaguely remember seeing some deck out of Korea that was touted as having internet access, but wasn't interested as the overall features didn't meet my needs. I kind of thought I'd see PDA like features in a head unit by now, but I guess not.

I have a Kenwood DNX 9140 with Garmin quipped nav system, tuner, bluetooth capable, XM radio, DVD, and back up camera. Outstanding audio control system if you are in to that. I really enjoy the Kenwood and use the nav unit all the time. Also have added a lot of custom POI locations. Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for.

Quick Reply: Head unit feature wanted