Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

nakamichi head unit

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:38 PM
brad6285
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nakamichi head unit

i want to swap out my alpine hu and would like to put in a nak hu but have some questions. on woofersetc they have a couple nak hus with a 6 disc compacity music bank. i remember when i was putting the alpine unit in it was a tight fit especially from front to back. the back of the unit was touching the hvac tube and the front surround has a little gap on the right side (sorry 03 c5 vert). will the nak hu fit with no problems. second i had a forum member help with the install will all the harnesses matchup or will i have to get new ones. i dont care about the cd changer because the nak holds 6 discs anyway. (setup is diamond audio component speakers in doors, diamond audio coaxials in rear, jl audio 300/4 amp, jl audio 500/1 amp for diamond audi 10inch sub). im not too electronic savy. i just need to know how hard this is going to be or should i just opt for a new alpine hu. my current alpine hu has a slide bar for location of all functions of the hu and i hate it, its a pain in the a**. thanx brad
Old 01-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

I know Alpine has chassis dimensions posted for their products on their website. I would assume Namkamichi would do the same.
I think I have only seen one other person mention the Nakamichi HU's on this forum, so I would be surprised if you get an answer, could happen, but.... I suspect the chances are slim.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM
ELLESSX
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
I think I have only seen one other person mention the Nakamichi HU's on this forum, so I would be surprised if you get an answer, could happen, but.... I suspect the chances are slim.
+1. I have never heard of them before *goes to google it now*
Old 01-31-2010, 09:41 PM
perfectlyfrank
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12
Cruise-In 8, 9 & 11 Veteran

I remember this was like the coolest thing in the 80's.

Get notified of new replies

To nakamichi head unit

Quick Reply: nakamichi head unit