Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hacking the harness's - PAC OEMVet1

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Default Hacking the harness's - PAC OEMVet1

In my 98, about 10 years ago, I hacked in the RCA's using bullet connectors and line taps. Over time the grounds on the RCA's have started to break( they are very tender to begin with.)

I picked up the Pac OEMVet1 and the Pac AMP-RCA harness. I knew I would have to meld the two together, what I can't quite figure out are the grounds for the RCA's. The OEMVet1 harness has a single ground that mates with one of the grounds on the body side(clear wire), so the question of the day is can I take the 4 RCA grounds from the AMP-RCA and splice them to the single ground(White/Blackstrip)?
Old 01-29-2010, 04:01 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

yes
Old 01-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Ok, Thanks, now I am looking at the harness's and trying to figure out if I can get the wire and pins out intact instead of cutting them. I have the female sides and that would make life easier for splicing.

Figured it out. my hacksaw blade is the perfect width. I cut deep enough to expose the pin and it pops right out. Just in case someone else is looking to do this.

Last edited by Grzldvt1; 01-29-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hacking the harness's - PAC OEMVet1

Quick Reply: Hacking the harness's - PAC OEMVet1