Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need some advise for what I want to do.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 06:25 PM
02EBZ06VA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advise for what I want to do.

OK, i have been searching around for awhile and seen many different setups.
So I want to replace the factory speakers. I searched crutchfield and did not see any options. Does anyone what speakers fit. I want to go with an aftermarket HU Double din eventually, but I figure I will start with the speakers for now. I also saw that some are using a partical board piece and doing away with bose all together. I would not mind that set up and does anyone sell a prefabbed piece? Sorry for all of the newb questions. I saw alot of old post and some new, so I am looking for the most up to date info. Thanks for any help
Old 02-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Lancejoker
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the sticky at the top of the audio/electronics forum. There are a ton of installs
Old 02-03-2010, 08:39 PM
02EBZ06VA
Instructor

Damn stickys, I used the search function. I did not even think of checking it .
Thanks

I had a alpine deck and MTX stealth sub in my TA paired with stock monsoon system. I think the monsoon was a much better system than the bose in the Z06.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Lancejoker
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep but you have infinite possibilities with the Vette in comparison to that T/A before you have to do any major custom work
Old 02-03-2010, 10:16 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Default Assuming C5Z ???

The speakers in the doors have 'subs' and 3.5" paper twiddlers. Unless you're going to add a real sub in the trunk you can't really remove the door subs, which limits you to just replacing the twiddlers (for now). Many have been happy with Polk db351 or Boston Acoustic S35.

The rears would be 5.25" in a C5Z. Any 4 ohm speaker would work if you want to replace them, but I'd jsut do the fronts for now and wait until you replaced the HU to see what you'll need.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:30 AM
02EBZ06VA
Instructor

Originally Posted by markcz
The speakers in the doors have 'subs' and 3.5" paper twiddlers. Unless you're going to add a real sub in the trunk you can't really remove the door subs, which limits you to just replacing the twiddlers (for now). Many have been happy with Polk db351 or Boston Acoustic S35.

The rears would be 5.25" in a C5Z. Any 4 ohm speaker would work if you want to replace them, but I'd jsut do the fronts for now and wait until you replaced the HU to see what you'll need.

Thanks, I have pair of elmental design 6.5 duel 4-ohm but I know that they are to big for the rear. Are the rear 5.25" speakers duel voice coil (take 4 wires to hook up)?

Last edited by 02EBZ06VA; 02-04-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need some advise for what I want to do.

Quick Reply: Need some advise for what I want to do.