Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Eclipse AVN 726E Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 AM
evan2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse AVN 726E Install Question

Hello all,

I have always done my own audio work and am about to install this once my chime module gets here.

Just a few questions as it seems this will be the more indepth install because of the extra parts/wiring.

2006 z06 - Bose, no Onstar.

I am not sure if the chime module comes with wiring insturctions but what does it go inline with? Which wires? Same question about the antenna adapter. I have not even looked at it in some time as I bought the pieces before I got the nav unit. Just wanted to ask before I got home and needed to know. I assume I can figure it out.

The GPS Antenna do I have to install it out in the open on top of the dash or will it work if I put it say near the AC vents hidden? I am the least concerned with using it for NAV to be honest as I do not make a ton of long distance trips but I am military and always moving around.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:25 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by evan2
Hello all,

I have always done my own audio work and am about to install this once my chime module gets here.

Just a few questions as it seems this will be the more indepth install because of the extra parts/wiring.

2006 z06 - Bose, no Onstar.

I am not sure if the chime module comes with wiring insturctions but what does it go inline with? Which wires? Same question about the antenna adapter. I have not even looked at it in some time as I bought the pieces before I got the nav unit. Just wanted to ask before I got home and needed to know. I assume I can figure it out.

The GPS Antenna do I have to install it out in the open on top of the dash or will it work if I put it say near the AC vents hidden? I am the least concerned with using it for NAV to be honest as I do not make a ton of long distance trips but I am military and always moving around.

Depends which module you're talking about. When replacing the head unit in a C6 you always need a module of some sort and at least one of them I can think of require a separate chime module that you wire into the other module. Otherwise you just wire the head unit's harness into the module and plug the module into the car's plugs.

The advantage of our plastic bodied cars is that you can put the GPS antenna practically anywhere and it will work. Most folks just stick it to the top of one of the vents or run it through the dash into the area where the dash speaker is mounted. The factory NAV antenna uses the spot on top of the vent so that's generally what I've done and it works just fine.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:49 PM
evan2
Instructor

Appreicate it.

This is what I had ordered along with the metra dash kit, I assume it should be straight forward.

So the small flat antenna sits under that grill of the dash speaker or on top so it is seen? I would for it to not be seen.

GM Corvette Antenna Adapter C4, C5, C6
GMAHCM Databus Chime Module for use with GMAH24 OR 24B
Old 03-03-2011, 05:13 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by evan2
GMAHCM Databus Chime Module for use with GMAH24 OR 24B
Do you have the GMAH24 or 24B ???

In a non-onstar car you should have ordered the C2R-GM24 (formerly GMCO) instead of one of the GMAH models (bose or non, adding amp or oem, doesn't matter as soon as you say non-onstar).

The other adapters can be made to work, but the GMCO has the chimes included in it while the GMAH models require the external chime module.

Just put the GPS antenna on top of the vents like in this pic. If you also have sat radio you may want to put that antenna somewhere else (or at least remove the center speaker) to get better reception, but GPS is fine in the dash.

The antenna adapter is idiot proof. Plug it into the radio, then stock antenna into adapter.

A great DIY thread is available HERE, it shows just about everything you need (ignore parts about onstar).
Old 03-03-2011, 06:41 PM
evan2
Instructor

Just got the package that Madvette owed me today.. I talked to Dave on the phone and told him what I needed and I was sent this but..

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=26

It is only the small black chime module with 3 wires, so seems like I need what you are talking about unless this will work.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:53 PM
evan2
Instructor

So when they say if you are keeping the Bose Amp does is that because I can power the speakers off the new HU? I would assume it couldnt handle that many speakers so I would need the OS2CBOSE.

I know I do not have onstar but want to retain the bose amp.

Last edited by evan2; 03-03-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

All C6 have an external amp that supplies the stock speakers, it's not very powerful as amps go, but it is still an external amp.

If you have to order an interface, go with the C2R-GM24. That's the best one for any non-onstar car. You can use it now with your oem amp, and it can still be used later if you decide to install a real amp. The CM-1 is not needed if you get C2R-GM24.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:48 PM
evan2
Instructor

Awesome, Dave at Madvettte helped me he just confused me as he mentioned that I needed something else at first and mentioned that you guys were saying otherwise.

Will order the correct parts, thanks all

Get notified of new replies

To Eclipse AVN 726E Install Question

Quick Reply: Eclipse AVN 726E Install Question