Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XM - no signal

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:42 AM
cstapp99
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Default XM - no signal

Just bought a 2005 c6 with the factory Nav/XM/Bose head unit. Activated XM online today, and now I see that I'm getting no XM signal. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

The XM screen just continually reads "No Signal."
Old 10-10-2011, 04:13 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Any chance you're in a garage or under heavy trees? If yes, drive out to an open road and see if you get reception.

If nothing, check the antenna connections on the XM box. It's located under the plastic overhang that's right above the drivers side rear wheel hump. Just pull the carpet out/down and you'll see the box. There are 2 plugs for the antennas, IIRC yellow and green, both about 1/4" in size.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:15 PM
cstapp99
Racer

Originally Posted by markcz
Any chance you're in a garage or under heavy trees? If yes, drive out to an open road and see if you get reception.

If nothing, check the antenna connections on the XM box. It's located under the plastic overhang that's right above the drivers side rear wheel hump. Just pull the carpet out/down and you'll see the box. There are 2 plugs for the antennas, IIRC yellow and green, both about 1/4" in size.
Thanks. I wish it were that easy. The car is out in the wide open. I did check the connections - everything looked good there.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 PM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Can you change stations? I think you may have to leave the radio on channel one for the receiver to get data from the satellites. Set the car to channel one the next time you are driving around.

Have you called XM regarding this problem? Its possible that XM has to re-send the activation signal.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:21 PM
cstapp99
Racer

I left the radio on channel 1 for close to an hour this morning - no go. I'll try to call XM and see if they can recommend anything.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:12 PM
cstapp99
Racer

Called XM. They were very helpful but to no avail. I got excited for a brief second when they "reset" my radio - there was a message on the screen that read "loading XM" followed by about 2 seconds of audio on the preview channel, then static, then back to "no signal." Dang. She told me the next step would be to take the car to a professional tech and have the module checked. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

cstapp99,
This is a known problem in the c6 Corvettes. We're currently working to resolve it. We'll keep you updated when a resolution is reached. Thanks for your patience. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any questions, comments or concerns about your vehicle.

Chevrolet Customer Support,
Justin
Old 10-11-2011, 11:00 AM
cstapp99
Racer

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
cstapp99,
This is a known problem in the c6 Corvettes. We're currently working to resolve it. We'll keep you updated when a resolution is reached. Thanks for your patience. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any questions, comments or concerns about your vehicle.

Chevrolet Customer Support,
Justin
Thanks Justin. I had planned on taking the car to a dealer next week to have the XM system diagnosed. Should I wait?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Default Xm

cstapp99,
While this is a known issue; I believe at this point in time they're dealing with it on a case by case basis. With that being said, I'd recommend taking it to the dealership. I can help you setup an appointment if you like. As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments and concerns.

Chevrolet Customer Service,
Justin

Originally Posted by cstapp99
Thanks Justin. I had planned on taking the car to a dealer next week to have the XM system diagnosed. Should I wait?
Old 11-13-2011, 06:45 PM
rdavidharris
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra truck with OEM XM Radio that has worked perfectly for two years and now it says No XM Signal as well. Of course I called XM and they did their usual 'reset' thing. No fix. I seriously doubt this is a GM/Radio problem. However, since there are no English-speaking Americans at XM tech support they just go by their script and pass the blame onto someone else.

I have noticed many recent reports of XM service outages in the past couple of months. Anyone get any real answers regarding this issue?

Dave
Atlanta GA
2009 GMC Sierra 1500

Get notified of new replies

To XM - no signal

Quick Reply: XM - no signal