Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Happy Tday, will be back Tuesday, Super Sale on my new Sub coming!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Thanks Rick

I wish I could make up my mind for the new setup I'm doing
Old 12-01-2011, 12:17 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have only had one system every that stayed the same for very long, my ex audio comp truck, after the $20k system did what I needed I sold it off to put the funds back into my then new business, installed a simpler system, does all I need it to do, almost 10 years now and still love it.

PM sent in a moment

Rick
Old 12-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts
Tech Contributor

C'mon Rick, photos please

Old 12-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Tarheels1
Racer

Box looks great Rick. When will you have boxes for the convertible? When my wife is able to travel it requires the kitchen sink. My trunk gets filled up fast. How big will the box be? Do you have any pics of it yet?

Steve
Old 12-11-2011, 12:19 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Thanks Steve, it took forever to finally get them out but they turned out even better than I thought I could do for the price

The Vert one is in progress, a bit slow due to being so busy here, my RAAMmat business (8-10+ hours a day, 6 days a week, on just email, messages, calls) regular business, Vette audio packages, just sold off a race car and toyhauler, duramax next, getting ready for a major move in the spring.... And I have to finish my track car before we move, intense cage build, etc as well as my son is in AZ getting training from his CPA sister so doing his job as well as mine, whew!

I really want to get the Vert one done so looking at my list of priorities and moving some things around to make more time for it.

Sincerely
Rick
Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Rick, Is the Vert sub going to be a cubby as well or possibly under the vert top? That's about the only place I'd want one since I am traveling a lot more these days and the trunk space is at a premium.

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio
Thanks Steve, it took forever to finally get them out but they turned out even better than I thought I could do for the price

The Vert one is in progress, a bit slow due to being so busy here, my RAAMmat business (8-10+ hours a day, 6 days a week, on just email, messages, calls) regular business, Vette audio packages, just sold off a race car and toyhauler, duramax next, getting ready for a major move in the spring.... And I have to finish my track car before we move, intense cage build, etc as well as my son is in AZ getting training from his CPA sister so doing his job as well as mine, whew!

I really want to get the Vert one done so looking at my list of priorities and moving some things around to make more time for it.

Sincerely
Rick
Old 12-15-2011, 07:05 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Not enough mounting depth under the top when folded for a real sub(those super flat low profile subs just do not get loud enough, rough rule of thumb is you have to use two of the same size of a single normal sub) so that location is not ideal.

Going to be in the cubby, take advantage of the space, etc.. and still leaves quite a bit of trunk space, amazing how much we can bring home from the store in a Vert

Rick
Old 01-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Squints2See
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on a C6 Vert subbox?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:05 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

I am trying but my regular business has been going nuts for the past few months, getting vehicles, trailers, etc no longer needed sold, doing my sons job while he is away for training, our place is up for sale as preparing to move to NV and people keep coming by to look at it while I am trying to work(sure glad I have some serious interest in it of course! I need a clone or two.

I am hiring a local kid, very talented and experienced for his age, to finish my race car cage, Vette vert roll bar, etc so I can try to get to the Sub enclosure and other things I have in the works for our cars.

I am not one to hire much done, lifelong DIY and learned the hard way how to do most anything, by doing it, but I just cannot keep up lately.

Life is really grand, great to be busy, great to be married to the coolest woman I have ever known, great to have some nice things and be able to offer you guys some great audio and sound deadening systems you deserve, just a bit to busy right now.

Sincerely
Rick
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Tarheels1
Racer

Rick, I will wait for your Vert sub if it is not too long down the pike. I am sure that it will be worth every penny as are the rest of your products. I also want a vert roll bar for mine too! (one that really works and is not ugly!) Put me on that list as well. I am glad that I have a friend that is dong OK for a change. Most of mine are struggling with health issues or finance in this economy. Ex. One buddy who has a Real Estate co. did not sell 12 houses last year.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:31 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Thanks buddy.

I am really trying to make this happen and the Vert Roll bar, once done a jig will be made so I can have them made for anybody else that may want one, no Vette tax on the price either.

The only way I can see it being safe and legal is to notch the top cover a bit for the rear legs and mounting to the chassis for those will not be easy either but I will not compromise safety in the design and it will actually be built to rules for road track use or I will not do it at all. It is not something I would be doing for another product to sell, it is because I want a proper one and I am sure others would as well so I would make it available at a decent price point.

My car is setup incredibly well for the track but very streetable at the same time as I am sure others are. Even if stock these are very fast cars and should be driven like it, on a track, not on public roads. My car is so fast now it is not really much fun as just to fast to be even remotely responsible out in the public and I might have 400 WHP if lucky but the whole rest of the car is so well balanced and sorted out, I really do not want or need much more though I will do a head and cam package at some point but that is all I intend.

Anyway, the point of all I do for our incredible super cars is make them better without adding a ton of weight, more fun to drive a car with impeccable handing, much lower road noise and a world class audio system, not cost a fortune, reliable, safer, etc.....

I am not even in the general audio business, I am in an internet sound deadening business and only do what I do in audio for our cars because they and the owners deserve it.

----------

In this economy the best and the worst come out in many, the worsts seems to dominate at times, suppliers having a hard time getting raw materials, shippers have to maximize every load and route...... I have had quite a few serious issues with competitors, an ex web developer, prior manufacturers, people I knew and trusted for many years, ...sometimes I felt like selling out and retiring but I love what I do as I have the best customer base I could ever imagine but I really prefer and consider them fellow enthusiasts first

And customers wanting and deserving much more support in deciding how to spend their limited funds.....I work twice as hard for half the sales volume I used to do so I have less time for projects like the Vette audio systems, my racing is on hold, etc but I am glad I can be there for my fellow enthusiasts the best I can.

Sincerely
Rick

Quick Reply: Happy Tday, will be back Tuesday, Super Sale on my new Sub coming!